Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava
Quote | Reply
App crashed on my iPhone over 2 hours in. I restarted and it reloaded the ride with all my stats there. Kept riding for a while and finished. In my Zwift profile the ride is saved as 46 miles and 2:30 time. But it uploaded only 5 miles and 16mins to Strava. I tried uploading the .fit file but it somehow only has the 5 mile part.

Anyone have any idea how I can get that full 46 mile ride uploaded to Strava. I feel ridiculous making a big deal out of this...but I'm pretty sure 90% of twitchers would feel the same way. I want those 46 miles in my log and going towards my weekly goal!

Thanks for any help in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No clue on how to recover, but create a manual activity to fill in the missing miles if you really want to have Strava reflect your training volume.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should still be in your Documents->zwift folder. They are usually still there even if it crashes.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
It should still be in your Documents->zwift folder. They are usually still there even if it crashes.

Even if the ride was done on my iPhone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please tell me it is less than 90%???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry. I did a piss-poor job of reading.

You need to connect your phone to your computer.

Open iTunes

Go your phone

Down the left there will be "File Sharing"

Click File Sharing

Scroll to the bottom of that screen

You'll see Zwift there

In the next pane there will be likely a single folder called Zwift

At the bottom click "Save to" (you might have to scroll down if there are many apps -- my Save to was hiding until I scrolled the middle pane)

Save to desktop or wherever.

Open Zwift folder on your desktop

Inside that desktop zwift folder there will be an "Activities" folder.

Should have your activity in there.

Let me know if that works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had some "display card driver"-issues that has caused Zwift to crash several times.. Unfortunately, I've been unable to upload the activities every time as they get corrupt. So, most likely, I think you're out of luck :/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it pretty pathetic that I record data from my rides on Zwift, Garmin, and my SRM head unit. That allows me to upload Zwift to Strava (cause I like the little picture), Garmin automatically uploads to Garmin Connect (cause thats what my little tri club uses)... and I manually upload my SRM to Training Peaks (cause that’s the way I’ve done it for decades). I want an accurate TSS to guide my training, and agree that it would be easier if Strava permitted easier manual edits... but that might open the door for “Fake News.” I notice a lot of variation in power numbers across the three systems. I thought that they were all ANT-connected to the same SRM Power Meter, so I wasted much time trying to figure it out. A direct drive smart trainer may help... and it will make Zwift racing a lot more responsive.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

If a ride on zwift isn't recorded does it even count?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [JT_Dennen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL yes very true modern day. I've never used Zwift or download anything to Strava. Does nothing I do count?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can dig up your .fit file off your iPhone , Google fit file repair tool , I've saved crashed Zwift files multiple times with it
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
LOL yes very true modern day. I've never used Zwift or download anything to Strava. Does nothing I do count?

I think on a purely technical basis you actually don’t even exist. Sorry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

Technically speaking you "upload" to Strava. So you don't even know what you think you don't know.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good timing on this thread, as I had the exact same thing happen to me on Saturday, and also had the same question :).
I tried doing a file upload to Strava from the Zwif actives folder on my laptop however it seems that the file is corrupt somehow as Strava wouldn't accept it.
I ended up just doing a manual upload of the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Technically speaking you "upload" to Strava. So you don't even know what you think you don't know.

Thanks for pointing that out. It could have been embarrassing trying to enter a conversation with the zwift using, strava uploading hipsters out there. I would have been dubbed so non cool... I do upload to Garmin. Does that give me some street cred?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broken files can be saved sometimes:

http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, your legs will remember.

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift crashed, trying to recover file to upload to Strava [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happened to me as well. Lost 1.5 hours of a 3 hour ride.

In addition to saving that "lost" data, how do you recover and pick up where you left off if you are doing a workout? I know I can restart the workout and skip through the different blocks, but I was in the middle of a 1 hour steady block. I know that's not the end of the world, just ride....But I had the whole thing set up as a workout in erg mode. At best, I have to redo 30 minutes or lose 30 minutes if I want to continue that particular workout. Is there no way to fast forward to a specific time?

Also, if erg mode drops out (if you stop peddling and forget to hit pause, it will shut down erg mode), is there anyway to reactive erg mode without restarting. These little things have bitten me pretty hard in recent workouts
Quote Reply