Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero road handle bars compatible with RS910
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of an official/unofficial list? Shimano points to only its own aero road bars (of course they would), but im wonder if others might fit?

Anyone tried to grind down the plastic parts so that it'll fit?

In my own case, i have a handlebar Zipp Vuka Sprint that didn't play nice with a lot of bar ends, and for my next bike, i'd like to make sure that I get one that would be compatible with the RS 910.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero road handle bars compatible with RS910 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo’s new AB06 bars do. They’re super nice, but now I find myself in the fkin ridiculous situation that the Swiss distributor can *maybe* supply me with these bars and accompanying stem in the dimensions I need for my new R5 by... August! If anyone can help me find the bars/stem in 40 cm/12 cm please let me know. Need them soon to finish the build on my Gran Fondo race bike for this season. Cervelo online CS hasn’t even replied to my request about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Does anyone know of an official/unofficial list? Shimano points to only its own aero road bars (of course they would), but im wonder if others might fit?

In my own case, i have a handlebar Zipp Vuka Sprint that didn't play nice with a lot of bar ends, and for my next bike, i'd like to make sure that I get one that would be compatible with the RS 910.

Thanks in advance!

I am having a hard time understanding why any bars with internal cable routing would not work. I have RS910 installed on Easton's EC90 Aero bar and I'm pretty confident it would work on my 3T aeronova as well. Shoot, I think Kiley has his Enve's on his Strada setup with it as well.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Jan 6, 18 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should be good with the new Zipp SL70 aero road bars. I’ve had no issues fitting bar plugs to then. I have an RS910 and I think it would fit - unfortunately I can’t test fit it in the bars because it’s been modified for my P5.

Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Thanks in advance!

As mentioned above the RS910 bar-end plug with internal routing will fit 3T handlebars. Specifically it will fit in the following:

Aeronova
Aerotundo
Er'Nova
SuperErgo
Tornova
Superleggera
Superghiaia

The round bend Rotundo and ergo bend Ergosum have external routing as their design intent was highest STW.

The new THM bar also has this high STW goal and keeps external routing to achieve the 148g weight.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Aero road handle bars compatible with RS910 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again to everyone who responded. I'm bumping this, as i'm finally getting a build that might use the RS910

other than 3T and Easton, anyone knows any other set-ups? Apparently, the Ritchey Streem Di2 would allow such a set-up. What do you folks think of its aerodynamics (say compared to Aerotundo or my Zipp bars)? Also, anyone has a write-up on setting up the RS910 (with any handlebar)? Lastly, I guess there's only going to be one wire that comes out of the handlebar, correct? And i'd presume this wire will then run all the way down to the JC-41 and connect to the battery and all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Thanks again to everyone who responded. I'm bumping this, as i'm finally getting a build that might use the RS910

other than 3T and Easton, anyone knows any other set-ups? Apparently, the Ritchey Streem Di2 would allow such a set-up. What do you folks think of its aerodynamics (say compared to Aerotundo or my Zipp bars)? Also, anyone has a write-up on setting up the RS910 (with any handlebar)? Lastly, I guess there's only going to be one wire that comes out of the handlebar, correct? And i'd presume this wire will then run all the way down to the JC-41 and connect to the battery and all?

One wire to JC41 or JC200 and some y-wires are correct.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dave

Btw, the bike will most likely be one of your creations, the Felt AR.

For some reason i'm having thoughts that this may turn into a minor redux of my TT bike set-up (literally took 40 hours). Hopefully the wiring and cabling on the AR won't be that bad. I just feel that if I were to persist with my Zipp bars, the frequency of cursing and time spent overall may go up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Thanks, Dave

Btw, the bike will most likely be one of your creations, the Felt AR.

For some reason i'm having thoughts that this may turn into a minor redux of my TT bike set-up (literally took 40 hours). Hopefully the wiring and cabling on the AR won't be that bad. I just feel that if I were to persist with my Zipp bars, the frequency of cursing and time spent overall may go up

Oh, an AR? I like that bike.
Start the routing process using string and a vacuum cleaner. Hold the string where you want it to go into the bar or frame and hold the vacuum at the exit. Tie string to the e-tube wire plug and pull it through. Takes ~2-3 minutes per bike with just about any bike and bar I've encountered.

Good luck.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The specialized aerofly version 1 and 2 work. It’s a bit tricky to run the cable from the bar end, but it does work.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero road handle bars compatible with RS910 [sun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
update: so the bar isn't fully open internally, but the bar end is just small enough that i can back the Di2 wire out and run it on the outsider along the drops. the bar is open from left to right, so i can run a di2 wire connecting the shifters (and another from shifter into the BB)

will post photos when the build is complete
Quote Reply