Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which movie to see
Quote | Reply
Darkest Hour
All the Money in the World
Hostiles

Wife and me Monday night. Auburn fan. l ain’t watching this damn game!
Quote Reply
Re: Which movie to see [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darkest hour was pretty good

Also consider Molly’s Game. Really liked that

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bachelor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the Money can wait for small screen. Good not great.

Christopher Plummer made a banquet out of that crazy shooting schedule -- he's the best thing about it.

I'd go for Darkest Hour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer all Darkest Hour & All the Money in the World. It's really hard to choose, you can watch all :))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
Darkest Hour
All the Money in the World
Hostiles

Wife and me Monday night. Auburn fan. l ain’t watching this damn game!

You probably can't go wrong with any of them. Molly's Game was also pretty good, and The Shape of Water is a pretty good date night movie.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching the game, but of the three, I would pick Darkest Hour just because I really like historical movies.

I thought Three Billboards in Ebbing Missouri was fantastic if it's still available anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We saw The Darkest Hour yesterday, great movie. Surprisingly our kids (13 & 14) wanted to see it. Even more surprisingly hey loved it. Especially the back story with Dunkirk, which they saw as well.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Which movie to see [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Three Billboards in Ebbing Missouri was fantastic if it's still available anywhere. //

Wife and I are going to try and see our first movie in years, all 3 kids in school til 2pm. Only problem is that most theaters start the movies too late and many I want to see are 2+ hours, so it is between this one you liked with Woddy and I Tonya. I probably would like the Ebbing Missouri movie better, but what about being a date movie? I Tonya is a story that unfolded in my adulthood but not my wifes, she may not even know the story really. Will that matter??

Thanks for any input, I used to go to movies once a week at least, I sure miss that experience...
Quote Reply
Re: Which movie to see [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Three Billboards in Ebbing Missouri was fantastic if it's still available anywhere.
Hey Thom, got to see this movie and you were so right. This movie is right up my alley and loved it, my wife also liked it, although more than a couple times during violent scenes she closes her eyes and waits for my prod that it is ok to look again. If I didn't know better I would have sworn it was a Coen brothers movie, all the earmarks and the cast of actors. These non spoon fed scripts and movies are so few and far between these days, it gives me hope for when I can start going back regularly again... Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Which movie to see [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Hey Thom, got to see this movie and you were so right. This movie is right up my alley and loved it, my wife also liked it, although more than a couple times during violent scenes she closes her eyes and waits for my prod that it is ok to look again. If I didn't know better I would have sworn it was a Coen brothers movie, all the earmarks and the cast of actors. These non spoon fed scripts and movies are so few and far between these days, it gives me hope for when I can start going back regularly again... Thanks

You're right, very Coen'ish, part of why I liked it so much. I love a good dark comedy. Martin McDonagh also did Seven Psychopaths that had a similar feel and some of the same actors in it. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
Quote Reply