Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: lean at 38 [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree sorry.

My body doesn't process sugar very well and I can train 20+ hours per week, be below my caloric intake and put weight on. Part water weight part fat but clothes get tight if I don't eat clean food all the time.

I've tried heaps of different things over the years testing what I can and can't eat but it all comes down to sugar and bread. My body doesn't deal well with these where other guys I train with eat anything they want and are ripped.

I do believe some people are natural fat burners and some people are natural carb burners. If you're a fat burner then carbs are going to make the jeans a little tighter if you eat a high % of them in your diet.
Quote Reply
Re: lean at 38 [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Stop trying to find justification for failure and go out and do it.

You get exactly what you want, don't try to tell me otherwise. If you really wanted to be lighter, you wouldn't eat 3 chocolate croissants. It's got nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with discipline.

Let’s keep quoting this so the OP can’t ignore it.
Quote Reply
Re: lean at 38 [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brett runs wrote:
I disagree sorry.

My body doesn't process sugar very well and I can train 20+ hours per week, be below my caloric intake and put weight on. Part water weight part fat but clothes get tight if I don't eat clean food all the time. (snip)

I don't doubt what you're saying at all, but I'm not sure I can get my head around it. I'd love to hear from someone that can explain the mechanics behind this. In my mind, if you're running a caloric deficit and you're still putting on fat, then one of three things is happening: 1) your body is increasing fat stores while simultaneously getting energy from somewhere else to cover the deficit (muscle depletion?), 2) you're eating more calories than you think you are, or 3) something else I can't figure out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My training is a large % aerobic in fat burning zone. My body is mainly using fat stores let's say 80% of my fuel comes from that over most training. If I eat a large % carbs that's energy my body only wants to use a small % of to fuel the energy output so it has to store it somewhere. This is what ive figured out through research and my own testing.

Actually come to think of it the guys I know who are ripped but eat a large % carbs also train way faster than they race (relative). Might be something in that though not really related to this topic.
Quote Reply
Re: lean at 38 [petevhilton1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but what changes are you willing to make?
* diet
* how you train.
* sleep
* stress management
6'2" and 190 at 27% bf means you have very minimal muscle. So the good news is the first part of the journey will be relatively easy.
Lift some weights (properly)
Increase your intensity in training and see what happens.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: lean at 38 [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brett runs wrote:
My training is a large % aerobic in fat burning zone. My body is mainly using fat stores let's say 80% of my fuel comes from that over most training. If I eat a large % carbs that's energy my body only wants to use a small % of to fuel the energy output so it has to store it somewhere. This is what ive figured out through research and my own testing.

That still doesn't explain how, if you burn more calories than you eat, you'd increase fat stores. The ingested carbs that your body is storing as fat would simply replace the fat that you burned during the workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe when you're working in an aerobic fat burning zone that it's the visual fat that your body is using for fuel it's the fat stored inside your body.
Quote Reply

Prev Next