Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JSA] [ In reply to ]

There’s really only one answer to all this

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [skinny] [ In reply to ]

skinny wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Well, I didn't go off the rails like vitus did. If vitus got banned too, wow, Dan is really cleaning house. Or more like purging the sewer basin!

Draining the swamp?

I really don't think Lieutenant Dan bans nearly as much as we're all assuming here. He's said over and over again that Vee-man isn't banned. I don't think CruseVegas or Old Hickory are banned, either (though I don't know definitively in their two cases). Perhaps they developed a case of the B.H.s and went off to seek a little solitude for awhile?

But I have the solution, right here, in cases where a little B.H. develops. Here we go: hand it around and lets all apply it liberally. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]

More Bach, less talk

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [len] [ In reply to ]

len wrote:
More Bach, less talk

Exactly so! :-)

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
getcereal wrote:
it is a ok to attack and shit on someone (personal) that can't defend himself?

coupla things, not to you, but to the community you. i pulled a few posts here, and it's to the point you're making. while on the one hand it's kind of humorous to talk about online personas as "people", i do think even online personas are (while largely fictitious) avatars for real people. there are real people back there somewhere. and, you're right, while you can talk in general about the objects of my decisions, i'm not comfortable with these personas being dartboards for folks who can throw darts without the "board" throwing the darts back.

so, i'm happier if you talk about the moderation style here in general rather than ragging on any particular person (other than me), especially if that person is no longer here to write a rebuttal.

AND THEN ON THE SAME PAGE....

RZ- "No kidding! Duffy was a huge troll, and everyone's focusing on this last event and can't figure out how he got himself banned. In the past year alone, he called someone he disagreed with a "fucking pedophile" (he was serious) posted a bizzaro sexual fantasy about a teenage girl and himself (and her dying cat), and accused Dan several times of having a mental illness. How ironic.
People gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his surfer bro personality, but he was mean to people in an insidious way.

I'll postulate that he's been on thin ice for a while. I don't know how he lasted as long as he did. Dan gave him a lot of rope IMO. "

OneGoodLeg- "Duffy was tolerable on balance since he brought some well-timed zingers and cat gifs to the party, and occasional insight on matters of photography, surfing, recreational drugs, etc, but the remaining arc of his trolling shtick was tiresome to say the least, and it was painfully obvious to anyone else who wasn't too busy fighting him over who got to suck Trump's balls first and which of you had to settle for seconds."

It's quite despicable, throwing a one sided assault, at someone who can't fight back!
IMO one of the douchiest moves ever in the LR and you have just been warned by Dan he is "not comfortable" with this. But the thing is... I would never want you censored. Maybe a temporary slap on the wrist at most. I value diverse opinions, and I am responding with mine, and hopefully we all learn a little from them, and move on.
Last edited by: getcereal: Jan 10, 18 9:55

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]

Keep it going! We're coming up on 20 pages now!

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [RZ] [ In reply to ]

this is a post to see if I was banned. if not back to lurk. carry on you 8.35 assholes.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [saltman] [ In reply to ]

saltman wrote:
this is a post to see if I was banned. if not back to lurk. carry on you 8.35 assholes.

What if THIS^^^ is the post to get you banned?

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]

Based on things I have said to Rodred and JSA in the past, I would be surprised. I've certainly said worse things to them with little regret, actually no regret with Rod.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [saltman] [ In reply to ]

saltman wrote:
Based on things I have said to Rodred and JSA in the past, I would be surprised. I've certainly said worse things to them with little regret, actually no regret with Rod.

Yeah, whatever happened to him? He PM'd me not long after I made my return and we discussed some Army Ranger-related stuff, and someone told me he was here through the 2016 election. But nada since.

saltman wrote:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [ In reply to ]

to no one in particular: i think this thread has probably exhausted its value. i do have a new thread designed to answer any further questions, hoping to wind down the moderation discussion (or at least to leave off talking about those who were here and aren't).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next