Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else off for a snow day?
Quote | Reply
Already played LEGO’s , baeblades, uno attack,
Laser tag and removed a giant recessed light.

All before lunch

Afternoon will be Mario cart , sleeding and hot
chocolate. Should start prepping to put high hats in but don’t feel like it.

Anyone doing something fun today

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No snow here. Just cold. -15 C and dropping.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I are both educators. Home with our almost 2 year old. He's been a blast. Fed him, played with cars, trucks, pretend cooking, throwing balls etc. Now he's down for a nap, and I might take one too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

It’s in the low 20’s ° (freedom temp) but the wind is howling. Might hold up sledding

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

It’s in the low 20’s ° (freedom temp) but the wind is howling. Might hold up sledding

Curious, what do you mean by sledding? If I was to say sledding to my city friends they would think going down a hill on a toboggan.

If I was to say sledding to my rural friends they would think riding a snowmobile.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Off' means working at home. so I've had a couple conference calls and am keeping one eye on the computer and the other on the house. Been out shoveling (already about 4-5" as of noon, and the worst of it is yet to come), played with the dog a bit, putting up curtains we just got delivered today (poor delivery guy, he looked miserable).

Will be calling it a day in a few hours, will probably get a workout in then wife and I will hunker down for some hot chocolate, popcorn and a movie in front of the fireplace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Hit the gym for an hour, built a Lego storm trooper (death trooper? a black one), played some PS4 Star Wars with the oldest boy. About to make some coffee and hot chocolate and head to the local indoor trampoline park.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Curious, what do you mean by sledding? If I was to say sledding to my city friends they would think going down a hill on a toboggan.

If I was to say sledding to my rural friends they would think riding a snowmobile.

Funny you should say that. I took my son "sledding" the other day. I used to call it tobogganing, but he calls it sledding so now I do. But yeah, if you are at all rural it's definitely a snowmobile thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Leddy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Downhill on tubes, sleds and such.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Already played LEGO’s , baeblades, uno attack,
Laser tag and removed a giant recessed light.

All before lunch

Afternoon will be Mario cart , sleeding and hot
chocolate. Should start prepping to put high hats in but don’t feel like it.

Anyone doing something fun today

Shoveling, some work emails and a conference call, some more shoveling, some more emails (I work from home 2 days a week...so it's kinda normal). Emails have no stopped, so doing a puzzle with the wife since there's NOTHING on daytime tv. Guess I should get to some cleaning since mom is coming for a visit next weekend.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
if you are at all rural it's definitely a snowmobile thing.

If you guys were truly rural, you would call it a snow machine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my mom is; she's a teacher

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
if you are at all rural it's definitely a snowmobile thing.

If you guys were truly rural, you would call it a snow machine

True story - I wrote "snowmachine" and then deleted it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Working from home", which translates to a few hours of actual work, several hours of chasing the toddler around, some Sisyphean shoveling (it's blowing a gale outside in addition to snowing hard), trying to clean the house, trudging through the snowdrifts with a super excited dog.

Coming off 10 days of holidays/traveling to see both my family and then my wife's family. I'm excited to be able to go in to work tomorrow - I need the break from my vacation. I love my wife and kid and dog but I've had a whole lot of 'em all recently and I'm feeling it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spent 2 1/2 hrs shoveling to cap the day off. It’s the same here, gale winds blowing snow all over. It’s a heavy snow also.

Wife’s school is already closed for tomorrow.

Dinner couple beers and bed.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else off for a snow day? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working from home today and tomorrow where no school and wife away. Haven't gone out to clear snow yet where still coming down for next few hours but will deal with either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Either way going to suck with the wind.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50 FN degrees here in Colorado today. Nice fall weather has returned.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No snow, but hurricane force winds and rain, possible ice pellets. Other parts of the province are getting snow. Lost power at work at about 2:30, do went home.

We just lost power at home, everyone else I know lost power a few hours ago.

Got chips before the store ran out, so we're prepared.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply