Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me your infant sleep training horror stories [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Touring Whitby could put anyone to sleep.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me your infant sleep training horror stories [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Touring Whitby could put anyone to sleep.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me your infant sleep training horror stories [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really appreciate these threads as reminders of the reasons I'm not going to have children :-) so much more fun to live vicariously through you all, and sleep through the night

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me your infant sleep training horror stories [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have 1 child for a reason. Wife and I both work and our son did not sleep more than 1 hour straight without crying for the first 8 months of his life. The sleep deprivation was extremely difficult and in our case, my wife was back to work at 3 months so we both were working full time early on. We absolutely had to take turns, my wife pumped and we got him comfortable with the bottle before she was back to work so we had to set up a night schedule for us. The reality is when he started crying we were both up, but at least 1 person can get back to sleep right away. Weekends if the baby napped we napped 100% of the time. Finally at the 8 month mark we went to his pediatrician looking ragged AF and she basically told us it was time to let him cry it out. We committed to it that night, he cried for 2 hours non-stop, it was hell to not intervene. Second night 30 minutes. Third night 5 minutes and that was it.

Those were hands down the worst 8 months I have ever lived through. IMHO - Night nurses are worth the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I just had a vacation week of hell with our 5 month and 2.5 year old. We sleep trained them both at 3 months then at 4 months moved them both into the same room. Everything was going smoothly until the beginning of vacation right before christmas. The infant got a cold and had trouble sleeping and kept waking up the older one. It basically threw their sleep out of whack and nobody slept well for about 10 days straight.

Also part of the problem was the daily routine got screwed up with lots of family visiting and we went to visit a lot of family too so their naps got messed with. Also, it was about -10 to 20 degrees F the whole time so we were stuck indoors and couldn’t wear them out.

It’s sad that both of us were excited to go back to work. Went to work 2 days and now we’re off 2 more due to a major snowstorm. Good luck!
Quote Reply

Prev Next