Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing...
Quote | Reply
And you people are bitching about -20, meh. jroisa - Montana catch this heatwave too?
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left work early yesterday to take the boy sledding. Left early today for a run with the dog. I have serious spring fever and it's only January.
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, my little town is above freezing for the rest of the week, but we did not catch the deep freeze. Up in billings they are looking at high 40s f for end of the week, and they were -25f last week

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We went from -36C to about -3C in about 24 hours. Nothing's melting but people are sitting on decks in their shorts drinkin' beers... (okay, they still have their pants on lol)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-5C in Ontario today felt "nice". A slight reprieve - we are about to get hit again with a real arctic blast. Overnight real temperatures in the GTA expected to be below -30C! That's REALLY cold for the Toronto area.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same here. snow coming tomorrow

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
-5C in Ontario today felt "nice". A slight reprieve - we are about to get hit again with a real arctic blast. Overnight real temperatures in the GTA expected to be below -30C! That's REALLY cold for the Toronto area.

Are you sure? The actual temp is forecast to be -6C, that's one helluva wind to pull it down to -30 and quite and idiot to expose themselves to -30 windchill in an urban setting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump asked for some of that global warming and it delivered.

MAGA

MCGA

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow we're looking at 15 inches of snow and 45 mile per hour winds and temps about 23F (warmest it has been in two weeks) and then by Friday it should back to the single digits for a high temp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure? The actual temp is forecast to be -6C, that's one helluva wind to pull it down to -30 and quite and idiot to expose themselves to -30 windchill in an urban setting.

Low for Friday night is now -29 for Aurora, just north of Toronto -
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/...ather/ontario/aurora

That's moderated a bit. I had not looked at the forecast for a few days. 2 days ago the predicted low low for Aurora on Frday night was to be -34C.

Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck. The lowest temp in the forecast you linked was -24.
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

MCGA

MCGFO

lets all be honest here.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Check the forecast for Friday for the GWA.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RR,

You don't care about night-time temperatures?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/...ather/ontario/aurora

I know I do, as I'm taking the dog out for his after dinner walk when it's starting to get down to that night-time low, and it's still often at that night time low temperature when I take him out for his morning walk at 7:30am!

And while I normally go meh, at the "wind chill", reading and only concern myself with the actual real temperature, It is a factor when considering the route for the dog-walk - windier and lower wind chill, and I'll stick to the more protected bush trail, still air, and not so much wind, and I might venture out onto more open terrain.

Your mileage may vary! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the record, you people are crazy for living where you do. It's been below freezing here in Baltimore since Christmas and our high on Saturday is going to be 17* F, and we're ready to sell the house and move south.
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [MikeH in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We northerners bitch about the cold but each Hurricane Season we turn on the news and say, "thank goodness I don't live there".

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [MikeH in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Sure, Canada is nice in the summer but wholly crap the entire country has the average weather of Buffalo [okay Vancouver is an outlier but still damn cold]. I had a week of temperatures in single digits in Indiana visiting the wife's family in Indiana over Christmas. That was one very long week. Our two boys enjoyed it for about a day or two then started asking themselves why anyone would live up there. My family is originally from Chicago --- Dad had the choice when he graduated from college of working for Honeywell in either Clearwater or Minneapolis -- he chose wisely.

Back in Florida, I had ice on the windows this morning. Now 45-- but sunny---still too damn cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
17F would feel downright tropical from the part of the country I'm in (Minnesota). We've had 1 day in the teens in temp in the last 2 weeks or so (high was 13F). Rest of the time we had highs in the 0F or below highs with -15F or so lows at night (most days with winds 10mph or up to 20mph). This Sunday is supposed be highs in the upper 20's F. I might finally change my oil that day because it's been too cold to work in the unheated (practically non-insulated) garage the last month or so.

A bottle of cheap wiper fluid my father-in-law left for me froze it has been so cold. I used the stuff I bought as that had a better temp range (won't freeze up to -25F).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The same people bitch about it being too hot in the summer. It is what it is and it's temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [Lagerhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagerhead wrote:
Agree. Sure, Canada is nice in the summer but wholly crap the entire country has the average weather of Buffalo .

Nah, Buffalo's weather sucks. When it's super cold they get hit with a ton of lake effect snow too. On the north side of Lake Ontario we will still get the cold but not the lake effect snow (we get some from Lake Huron, but nowhere near as much as Buffalo gets from Lake Ontario).

Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
The same people bitch about it being too hot in the summer. It is what it is and it's temporary.

I know that in about 6 weeks it'll be in the 60s. I like the frigid weather because I know it's here today and gone tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: 30* C Temp Swing in 18 hours - Still below freezing... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:

Complaining about the weather is practically our favourite pastime around these parts.

Winter is too cold. Shovelling sucks.
Spring is to rainy.
Summer is too hot. Humidity sucks.
Autumn is damn near perfect but it means that winter is coming.

Quote Reply