Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike trainer intervals in cold garage [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My trainer is in the garage, which we don't heat although we could. It was 28deg in there the other morning.

Typically, I turn on the space heater and leave the fan off to start, and I've got on a sweatshirt and hat over my usual t-shirt up top. After 10min I'm usually starting to sweat, so I lose the sweatshirt and keep the hat, turn the heater off and turn on the fan on the lowest setting.

Take longer than you think you need to warm up. Give it a solid 20-30min to get warm and include some 30-90sec pops up over threshold.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Re: Bike trainer intervals in cold garage [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pauljra wrote:
My trainer is set up in my garage and I have hard intervals coming up later today. Its 20 degrees outside and I feel like in the past these type of workouts have caused me some congestion issues after. Is there a correlation and/or is there a negative affect from doing this? Thanks.

How cold is it inside?

In my case it is often down around 30-32 degrees outside when I ride my trainer. I open up the garage door when I ride so my uninsulated garage ends up the same as outside. I start with leg warmers, knit shoe covers, a thermal jacket and a wool cap. After 5-10 minutes I warm up enough to strip down to just shorts and jersey (w/ undershirt) and then turn the fans on for my workout. I keep the shoe covers on because even though I'm sweating my feet get cold without them. I don't have any issues with this. But 20 is a lot different than 30.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next