Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 305 replacement?
Quote | Reply
I dont post very often My MANY year old Garmin 305 is almost dead....

I primarily use total time, distance, and pace...

Wondering what I should look at to replace it?? Key - reasonable pricing...

What do you like...dont like...etc...

Looking for the great wisdom of slowtwitch!

Thanks all!
-Ron

I have deceptive speed...I'm slower than I look.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 305 replacement? [Ron in AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is most impressive that you kept a 305 alive this long. Mine crapped out a long time ago. The current equivalent tri watch is the 735XT. I love mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If value for money is your drive its really hard to look past the Lezyne micro GPS - less than half the price of the Garmin with mapping and colour screen. Ideal for time, pace and distance.

http://www.lezyne.com/...tch.php#.Wkv90SOcYU0

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If all you're looking for is time, distance, pace, then the Garmin 25 will do. Several hundred dollars cheaper than the 735. For an extra $30 you can get the Garmin 35, which has wrist based heart rate.

How are you retrieving data from the 305? I have the 310. Something corrupted my Training Center software, so I've been manually entering data from workouts.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 305 replacement? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
If all you're looking for is time, distance, pace, then the Garmin 25 will do. Several hundred dollars cheaper than the 735. For an extra $30 you can get the Garmin 35, which has wrist based heart rate.

How are you retrieving data from the 305? I have the 310. Something corrupted my Training Center software, so I've been manually entering data from workouts.

I’ve got a 305 although now got a suunto spartan, what I did was upload from garmin express and the cradle, to my connect account , which autosynced to strava /training peaks etc.

Then if I wanted to analyse it, I’d export the tcx file to golden cheetah

Edit: training centre ceased to function maybe 18 months ago, when garmin stopped supporting obsolete formats. Wko2 or whatever I had stopped at the same time
Last edited by: philg: Jan 3, 18 1:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple years ago I picked up a used 910xt for just $50 on slowtwitch. I've seen it priced for about $100. You could probably pick up a 910xt or 920xt real cheap from someone who upgraded to a Fenix or 935 as those devices have become dust collectors for them. Check out the classified section.

Personally, I really like my 910xt. It's a little big but smaller than the 305. Does it all and then some, plus people who have some of the newer smartwatch type garmins are looking to dump them and dump them cheap. I've heard nothing but love love love for the 920 so if you can find that for a similar price go with that.

On a side note to that if you don't need the battery life I also use the VivoactiveHR as an everyday watch. Got if for Christmas after my 910xt. It's great, but a drawback is only 10hr (if that) for GPS life and no multisport mode for races. Plus it doesn't do open water.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply