Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I can't stand it. [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Maybe he’s been silent because Mrs. Duffy just got home.
Foiled again!!
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raygovett wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Until now, I didn't know that you're a hormonal teenager.

Nova wrote:
I only gave him my phone number an hour ago...

You apparently have not been on this forum very long -- there is a subtext to all this that no one will address bluntly.

<crickets>

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
raygovett wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Nova wrote:

You apparently have not been on this forum very long -- there is a subtext to all this that no one will address bluntly.

<crickets>

That mite be the joke of the thread.

Ok, so we’ve text a little. This morning he text the he is flipping “throw” the channels. I’m not sure I can do it. My spelling and grammar aren’t the best, but...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
RandMart wrote:
raygovett wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Nova wrote:

<crickets>

Ok, so we’ve text a little. This morning he text the he is flipping “throw” the channels. I’m not sure I can do it. My spelling and grammar aren’t the best, but...
Come on Pot, stop calling the kettle black. If you want to find a decent relationship cut out that texting shit and pick up the phone.

Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
RandMart wrote:
raygovett wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Nova wrote:

<crickets>

The <crickets> joke wins the thread.

Nova, lose him. Sloppy English is a problem. Using sloppy English in the opening stages of something tells you everything you need to know. This assumes, of course, that English is his native tongue.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
The <crickets> joke wins the thread.

RangerGress wrote:
Nova, lose him. Sloppy English is a problem. Using sloppy English in the opening stages of something tells you everything you need to know. This assumes, of course, that English is his native tongue.

There could be three things here, none are good

1) He literally can NOT fucking spell
2) His spell-check is off, and he knows the right word, but doesn't care to take the time fix it
3) He's not a native speaker; may be a charming person, really, but future miscommunication can lead to many problems

Tell the dude to buzz off

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop texting him and see if he initiates the communication, action speaks louder than words. Maybe he isn't as responsive because he's:
In a meeting, flying a plane, performing surgery, or married.

Back before texting and pagers/ beepers were invented it took two people to be involved in a relationship. The advancements in technology has allowed for impatient and needy possessiveness expectations. Back then the psychos would show up at ones work, home, friends houses, basket ball courts, or local Hangout.
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Nova wrote:
RandMart wrote:
raygovett wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Nova wrote:

<crickets>

Come on Pot, stop calling the kettle black. If you want to find a decent relationship cut out that texting shit and pick up the phone.

I’m not sure I’m ready to call yet. I’m not sure what I’d say, but you’re right, if I want it to work, I have to call.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
Stop texting him and see if he initiates the communication, action speaks louder than words. Maybe he isn't as responsive because he's:
In a meeting, flying a plane, performing surgery, or married.

Back before texting and pagers/ beepers were invented it took two people to be involved in a relationship. The advancements in technology has allowed for impatient and needy possessiveness expectations. Back then the psychos would show up at ones work, home, friends houses, basket ball courts, or local Hangout.

Well, that’s reassuring. He lives about an hours drive, do I doubt he will be showing up at my work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
I’m not sure I’m ready to call yet. I’m not sure what I’d say, but you’re right, if I want it to work, I have to call.

If nothing else, you can hear for yourself if he speaks as awkwardly as he texts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait....you want it to work? How long have you known this guy......like 1 day....???
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [orchidrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orchidrun wrote:
Wait....you want it to work? How long have you known this guy......like 1 day....???

Not quite 24 hours.

I'd like to at least meet him before I drop him to the curb. Of course I'll have to call him first to make sure he's not a complete idiot. :)

Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
Sorry there is at least one issue with that graph (as presented, although the premise is 100% correct)
Since when does your gf get hotter when you marry her?
Im lucky in that my Mrs is reasonably hot and very low on the crazy scale, but there is no way she got hotter just because I could tap that at her will after marriage.

Fixed it for you.
Can't believe that one slipped past marital spell-check..
Quote Reply
Re: I can't stand it. [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re a bunch of weevils...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
orchidrun wrote:

Not quite 24 hours.

I'd like to at least meet him before I drop him to the curb. Of course I'll have to call him first to make sure he's not a complete idiot. :)

So, you'd settle for an INcomplete idiot?

Quote Reply

Prev Next