Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kimboy is mouthing off again.
Quote | Reply
What f*cking idiot. What is this guy trying to prove?

http://www.cbc.ca/...s-mainland-1.4469048
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

We are the closest we've ever been to nuclear war, according to our leaders. It's self-preservation in his eyes. Who can blame him? What other cards does he have to play?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t wait until Trump orders nuclear strikes on South Korea.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    Could be a response to the late December US success in getting tighter sanctions through the UN, even Russia and China got onboard, and with the more recent outing of Chinese and/or Russian tankers covertly supplying oil, it looks like we are going for more than just eye-wash. Maybe the sanctions are starting to bite, and the petulant one (Kim, not Trump this time) is lashing out.
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Could be a response to the late December US success in getting tighter sanctions through the UN, even Russia and China got onboard, and with the more recent outing of Chinese and/or Russian tankers covertly supplying oil, it looks like we are going for more than just eye-wash. Maybe the sanctions are starting to bite, and the petulant one (Kim, not Trump this time) is lashing out.

Finally something we can agree on. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We are the closest we've ever been to nuclear war, according to our leaders.

Who’s saying that?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Who’s saying that?

Sorry, former leaders - The United States is "closer to a nuclear war with North Korea" than ever, Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday.

Article didn't have the full quote, but interesting that CNN decided to add that ever outside of the actual quote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Who’s saying that?

Sorry, former leaders - The United States is "closer to a nuclear war with North Korea" than ever, Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday.

Article didn't have the full quote, but interesting that CNN decided to add that ever outside of the actual quote.

They just paraphrased. From Fox News.

“We're actually closer, in my view, to a nuclear war with North Korea and in that region than we've ever been,” Mullen, a retired Navy admiral, told ABC News' “This Week.” “I don't see the opportunities to solve this diplomatically at this particular point.”

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Who’s saying that?

That’s quite different than your original statement. Thanks for clarification.

We might be closer to nuclear war with N. Korea than ever, but that really isn’t saying much.

Plus, no fucking way we use nukes against them, even if they launch one (that’s just my opinion).

And yeah, interesting that “than ever” isn’t in the quotations. Interesting but not surprising.

CNN is an abomination.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

We are the closest we've ever been to nuclear war, according to our leaders. It's self-preservation in his eyes. Who can blame him? What other cards does he have to play?

Self preservation? Who has shown any interest in attacking North Korea?
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Who’s saying that?

They just paraphrased. From Fox News.

“We're actually closer, in my view, to a nuclear war with North Korea and in that region than we've ever been,” Mullen, a retired Navy admiral, told ABC News' “This Week.” “I don't see the opportunities to solve this diplomatically at this particular point.”

Which is ironic as we ACTUALLY were in a nuclear war "in that region".

And before I saw the with NK qualifier, I'm thinking we were a whole lot closer during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I guess when the POTUS says things like they will be met with fire and fury it probably just means we would like to aggressively keep them warm over the winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Perseus wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I guess when the POTUS says things like they will be met with fire and fury it probably just means we would like to aggressively keep them warm over the winter.
Apparently Trump's button is bigger... of course. Any armchair political scientist want to step up and explain how either side is going to back down from there and save face?

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There won’t be any” hold your fire”.
I don’t believe Kims' army will even be able get their boots on. The bunkers that house all the artillery pointed at Seoul ( google earth it) will be {in my opinion} taken out by a barrage of nuclearwarhead cruise missiles.
China and Russia will be notified of the strike JUST prior.
The US does not want to reveal the ability of its missile defense system ...which it may have to if they don’t get a first strike.
Human error may very well ignite this war.
All bets are off on what China and Russia will do in the power grab.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Perseus wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Trumps remarks, while juvenile, were in response to Kims remarks. Do you really believe anyone wants to attack or invade the crap hole that is North Korea?
Quote Reply
Re: Kimboy is mouthing off again. [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
There won’t be any” hold your fire”.
I don’t believe Kims' army will even be able get their boots on. The bunkers that house all the artillery pointed at Seoul ( google earth it) will be {in my opinion} taken out by a barrage of nuclearwarhead cruise missiles.
China and Russia will be notified of the strike JUST prior.
The US does not want to reveal the ability of its missile defense system ...which it may have to if they don’t get a first strike.
Human error may very well ignite this war.
All bets are off on what China and Russia will do in the power grab.

Cool story.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are really funny sometimes.

sometimes
Quote Reply