Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Formulagod wrote:
Sanders just got the 2nd fastest Kona split on a Garneau. Last I checked, I don't recall many tripping over these bikes. Come to think of it, I don't see anyone but him on one. As I mentioned earlier, 75% of aerodynamic drag come from the rider. AP is likely to remain consistent on the CEEPO, or better than his Cannondale, which isn't exactly the tri bike elite.

And I'll say it again, he'd likely run circles around keyboard warriors here no matter what bike you put him on.

Any professional cyclist would beat me on a WalMart bike too. That doesn't mean that they made the best choice for themselves though.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
75% of aerodynamic drag come from the rider. wrote:

Andy just did himself a disservice if his goal is to go as fast as possible no matter what. Now if his goal is to make as much money as possible from sponsorship he may have done that. If I was a pro with his record and entering my final years of racing I wold take an increase in guaranteed money over that of winning money at races. (IDK what his contract with Ceepo is, hopefully not bonus heavy)

this. the aero hierarchy and sponsorship hierarchy are inverse.... frame is last in aero but first in sponsorship dollars.

Also, we criticize because we as a group are passionate about the sport and (I would guess) want Andy both as an individual and as top American to succeed. That's part of it too.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that his LG is ~ :05-:08/10k slower than several bikes that were in the top 5. Doesn't sound like much, I mean that's only :90 at most on the low end. But damn that time savings would have made the race a lot more exciting!

statically AND dynamically. 90 seconds statically but maybe much more dynamically if he stays with Wurf the whole ride and doesn't burn matches... indeed the race may have been a ton more exciting

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ceepo has just alluded to developing a new super-bike

This is harder than it sounds.

Ceepo - call me

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 9, 18 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooo! Ceepo take Brian up on his offer!

desert dude wrote:
Quote:
Ceepo has just alluded to developing a new super-bike

This is harder than it sounds.

Ceepo - call me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some Ceepo windtunnel data: http://www.ceepo.com/...ePaper_cmyk_0807.pdf

Katana 2016 (at 0o wind angle)

vs. 2015 Viper 10% more aero

vs. 2015 Katana 12% more aero

vs. Speed Concept 7% less aero

Katana 2016 (at 30o wind angle)

vs. 2015 Viper 2% more aero

vs. 2015 Katana Same as before

vs. Speed Concept 11% more aero
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 degrees! You will probably never see that

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats really not too bad given the crap exposed front brake and housing plus the Zipp bars.

The tubes are pretty thin and still have plenty of curvature. I would guess the performance from 10 to 30 degrees (ridiculous) is all pretty solid.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about any frame changes but they currently use the profile AU bar. Seems like that might change some things.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Andy just needs to retire. Ceepo....really?

So where is the aero data on these bikes?

I'm surprised that you haven't been questioned on this. If you don't have data, what decision process led you to treat his decision and the Ceepo product with such disdain?

If he had the choice of any bike sponsor, which bike would you recommend he ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [JackL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackL wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I'm surprised that you haven't been questioned on this. If you don't have data, what decision process led you to treat his decision and the Ceepo product with such disdain?

If he had the choice of any bike sponsor, which bike would you recommend he ride?

All fair points. My criticism was based off Ceepo bikes looking like an art project instead of something purposefully designed.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [JackL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackL wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I often wonder what the litmus test is for a triathlete to retire. Is it if they can remain in the hunt for a win at Kona? Or is it can they continue to make money?
Last edited by: Fishbum: Mar 5, 18 9:04
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craig Alexander is still racing but stepped down from Ironman. Maybe that's the plan for most? Keep racing 70.3 as long as you can.

Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pictures http://www.tririg.com/..._Potts_Ceepo_Viper_R

The way the 3 spoke is mounted shows particular attention to detail of those involved...
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha that is very funny. Someone just put the skewer in the wrong way and used that as an indication of wheel orientation. Vision will be impressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcofoils wrote:

The way the 3 spoke is mounted shows particular attention to detail of those involved...

You would think at least Nick would know the wheel was on backwards while taking the pictures.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally - their new bikes - look pretty rad. They look aero enough (I ride a felt IA) but they look decent and pretty sick and way out of my price range haha
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
marcofoils wrote:

You would think at least Nick would know the wheel was on backwards while taking the pictures.
I thought that and then questioned maybe he wasn't there and just any photographer. If he was any aero claims he makes on gear just went out the window if you don't know what way a tri spoke spins especially after taking a close up of the wheel and then commenting on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
marcofoils wrote:

I thought that and then questioned maybe he wasn't there and just any photographer. If he was any aero claims he makes on gear just went out the window if you don't know what way a tri spoke spins especially after taking a close up of the wheel and then commenting on it.

Nick took the pictures according to the credits.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well his position looks amazing. I don't remember it being that good before.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
I don't see Andy as someone who fits the wattie ink 'image'. My perception of him is that he's a quiet humble guy, and my perception of wattie being loud personalities with arm sleeves

I agree on this. He seems like such a vanilla every man guy in-spite of his prolific triathlon career. When I look at a sponsorship like Wattie Ink I would think personalities similar to Tom Boonen, Bob Roll, Macca, or Peter Sagan. A drool worthy model like Jenny Fletcher. Same with Ceepo, from what little I understand they're all show, and little aero. I mean it's not like they're awful but it's not like hopping on the big boys like Cervelo and Specialized.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I agree on this. He seems like such a vanilla every man guy in-spite of his prolific triathlon career. When I look at a sponsorship like Wattie Ink I would think personalities similar to Tom Boonen, Bob Roll, Macca, or Peter Sagan.

Perhaps you have actually hit on the reason they would like an athlete like Potts;)
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Quote:
I agree on this. He seems like such a vanilla every man guy in-spite of his prolific triathlon career. When I look at a sponsorship like Wattie Ink I would think personalities similar to Tom Boonen, Bob Roll, Macca, or Peter Sagan.

Perhaps you have actually hit on the reason they would like an athlete like Potts;)

I’m confused. Because you think Potts is cute? Or because you think they’re trying to appeal to a larger audience? Or are you saying Potts IS a big personality.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going off what you said, not that what I think; although he is cute.

It just simple marketing, as you suggest, and without regard to size, he does likely represent a different segment right?

N = 1 I was not really familiar with Wattie at all and I been at this for a long time, with the Potts announcement I checked them out...
Quote Reply

Prev Next