Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You know what’s low? Some politician using dead soldiers to play on the emotions of people who care about them
That's a ridiculous statement. It would have been more noble to have offered no respect to the dead, no condolences to their families? I don't remember Obama seeking political advantage by broadly promoting his actions in these circumstances, I believe they were mostly very private.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, Fishbum.

I’ll try to be better.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I prefer to know who I’m really dealing with.

The problem is that even when a President is legitimately moved by an event like soldiers returning from war or children being shot at school, half the country will believe the genuine emotion is just politics. When Bush visited soldiers in the hospital, it wasn’t about politics, it was because he was showing respect to soldiers. When Obama was in tears after Sandy Hook, he wasn’t trying to get votes, he was responding as a parent of 2 girls.

Yet, Bush was criticised by some Democrats, because he is Bush and many Republicans responded to Obama as you did, that it wasn’t genuine, it’s all fake.

President’s are people and it’s a shame when people politicise every single thing they do.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I prefer to know who I’m really dealing with.

The problem is that even when a President is legitimately moved by an event like soldiers returning from war or children being shot at school, half the country will believe the genuine emotion is just politics. When Bush visited soldiers in the hospital, it wasn’t about politics, it was because he was showing respect to soldiers. When Obama was in tears after Sandy Hook, he wasn’t trying to get votes, he was responding as a parent of 2 girls.

Yet, Bush was criticised by some Democrats, because he is Bush and many Republicans responded to Obama as you did, that it wasn’t genuine, it’s all fake.

President’s are people and it’s a shame when people politicise every single thing they do.

Maybe when 19 of the 30 soldiers families request no press, you should honor that, rather than turning it into a PR event. Just sayin.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Duffy..and any other ST Republicans [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Duffy wrote:
You know what’s low? Some politician using dead soldiers to play on the emotions of people who care about them

That's a ridiculous statement. It would have been more noble to have offered no respect to the dead, no condolences to their families? I don't remember Obama seeking political advantage by broadly promoting his actions in these circumstances, I believe they were mostly very private.

So, this thread blows my mind. We have an OP that specifically calls out for a response to an LR poster. Couple of exchanges later, the OP expresses his mutual dislike regarding Trump. Then, expresses the following:

"trump made the statement that Obama never wrote letters to soldiers familys when they were K.I.A.
In the case I'm am speaking to He (Obama) was personally at Dover to receive my friend and his entire teams body's."

When I read that, I noticed the carefully selected use of the caps key. The OP purposely did not use it for Trump's name (even at the beginning of the sentence) and very purposely chose to capitalize "He" when referencing Obama. Even put Obama's name in parentheses afterward so we would all know that "He" referred to Obama. Now, in normal convention, there is only one time that people capitalize the word "he" in a sentence when it isn't the first word and that is when they are speaking in reference to God. That certainly does pretty clearly indicate a 'messianic' man crush regardless of how Obama became elevated to that status in the OP's mind. I get that this was probably an emotional event for the OP, but this doesn't change the fact that Obama had a notoriously poor reputation for his relationship with the military and never addressed one of the biggest problems for our returning troops in eight years of serving as President and that is the VA hospital system. I don't see how an appearance at Dover erases his legacy, nor do I see how this act would elevate him to the status the OP seems to be bestowing upon him, but maybe this had a much larger impact on the OP than it appears. Coming from a military family, I get it.

On the topic of the original intent of the thread, as a Republican, I generally agree with JSA. Although I eventually had to put a number of canucks on the iggy list due to gratuitous bashing of the US for idiotic reasons, there are lots of viewpoints that deserve to be heard. I have learned a lot from some of the others here even when I don't agree with them. In some cases, my conservative beliefs have become even more galvanized. But, that's what debate and discussion is all about. Fleshing out what are legitimate rational conclusions and beliefs from the unsupportable opinions we might be carrying around.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply

Prev Next