Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best races - any distance, anywhere in the world
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I’m coming back into the sport after a 3.5 year hiatus from racing. I’m hoping 2018 is going to be a great building year and hopefully 2019 I’ll start PRing again.

I’m looking for race recommendations - best race venue (destination races are my favorite), most challenging courses (I’m not a fan of flat and fast), and high quality event production (tend to avoid small hometown races for various reasons).

Let me know which races to add to my calendar for the upcoming years.

-NV
Quote Reply
Re: Best races - any distance, anywhere in the world [neilverano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try embrunman. For only 350 eruos you get a good swim. Epic bike up a 6500 ft mountain and a run with some hills and lots of cheering people all at ironman distance .

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Best races - any distance, anywhere in the world [neilverano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fly by night duathlon. The entire bike course is on the Watkins Glen international speedway.

American zofingen duathlon meets your definition of hilly.

Both are very well organized
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was another thread just like this a few days ago, but it asked where was the best community support for a race. Challenge Roth was mentioned a few times by folks on that thread.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Best races - any distance, anywhere in the world [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Fly by night duathlon. The entire bike course is on the Watkins Glen international speedway.

American zofingen duathlon meets your definition of hilly.

Both are very well organized[/quote

I've never done AMZOF but I know a lot who have and read their Race Reports. That's not the kind of race I would characterize as high quality event production. It strikes me as a unique cult race that people do for very different reasons. By contrast, I have done THE Powerman Zofingen and can tell you there is no comparison. The original in Switzerland has professional competitors, stadium finish, a race mascot, balloon arch start, helicopter and moto press coverage, expo, two volunteers at every turn, hilly as fxxk, etc., etc. ... and did I mention it's in Switzerland! The OP should do both.
Quote Reply