Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Self checkout theft [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in California, you cannot buy alcohol at self checkout. I can't believe other states allow it. How do they verify age?
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At our local QfC a red light flashes and an employee has to come over and check ID before you can pay.
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Walmart employee attempt to check my receipt as I was leaving the store after having been checked out by a cashier. I looked at him and said nope. I asked him if I was suspected of shoplifting. He said no. I walked by him and left.
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two bananas at our grocery store. Regular and organic. Only one option when you do the lookup on bananas. Regular. So when you do self check out you get organic for regular price. Not my job to bring to stores attention.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not even something that I contemplate doing.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I could see 1 in 3 being close. I don’t think a lot of people view it as stealing. I’ve had this conversation with people before and they view it as mentioned in the article , “gaming the system”. Stuff like apples, using a cheap variety for an expensive one like honey crisp. Putting a cheap coffee brand in for a more expensive one.

It’s theft. Telling yourself that it’s ‘gaming the system’ is just to clear your own conscience.

Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Such a strange coincidence that you’d post this today....

Why?

Also instead of being vague why not just say what you mean?

Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Such a strange coincidence that you’d post this today....

Why?

Also instead of being vague why not just say what you mean?

Are you new here?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
I had a Walmart employee attempt to check my receipt as I was leaving the store after having been checked out by a cashier. I looked at him and said nope. I asked him if I was suspected of shoplifting. He said no. I walked by him and left.

Do you just blow by the receipt checkers at Costco too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I avoid self checkout if I have any items that don't have a bar code on them. I have no idea what I am supposed to do if I have a loose bag of apples and I have a fear of failure.

Sounds like other people don't know what to do when they have a loose bag of apple either, but have no fear.
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
I avoid self checkout if I have any items that don't have a bar code on them. I have no idea what I am supposed to do if I have a loose bag of apples and I have a fear of failure.

Sounds like other people don't know what to do when they have a loose bag of apple either, but have no fear.

Do your apples have a number on them? It is actually really easy, just hit lookup, punch in the number on the tag, the number of apples you are buying, done.

Our local grocery has two "watchers" at the self checkout but I'm told they see a lot of people trying to rip off the store. Those of us not stealing, pay the tab with increased prices. I am amazed that any adult would justify stealing (yes, even gaming the system is stealing) to save a few dollars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I watched a lady steal a crap ton of groceries in a self checkout and the damn employee was standing right in front of her watching her do it. She would scan every 5th or so item, the rest went around the scanner and into a bag. Cart full of stuff for $35. It was pretty damn obvious what she was doing and the employee was standing right there. Wonder if it was a friend of hers and they had a nice scam going together.

But lets talk about the real crime at self checkout, and that would be people who can't fucking operate a toaster trying to use the self checkout while the cashier lines are minimal. Know your damn limits, don't go into a battle with a machine that you know you can't win and then stand there for 20 minutes with a confused look on your face waiting for someone to fix your eff up. Get ur ass in the cashier lane so those of use who are competent can get the hell out of there!
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
That problem is so 2017. ;-)

Very soon,

Everything in the store will have an RFID tag and you'll just walk through a scanner on your way out the door and be billed automatically: https://gizmodo.com/...-checkout-1789683651

Didn’t Amazon have a store in Seattle that offered this non-service check out?

Yes there is but its not open to the public, only Amazon employees and has it hasn't expanded past that since it opened should tell you something.
Quote Reply
Re: Self checkout theft [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next