Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xmas idiocy
Quote | Reply
I didn't know that:

"The Twelve Days of Christmas, also known as Twelvetide, is a festive Christian season celebrating the Nativity of Jesus Christ. In most Western ecclesiastical traditions, "Christmas Day" is considered the "First Day of Christmas" and the Twelve Days are 25 December – 5 January, inclusive."

I thought it was the 12 days leading up to Xmas but apparently that time is something called Advent.....

So now our Xmas crap is going to stay up into January. Merry fucking Xmas.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Xmas idiocy [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan 6th is a huge party day in many places and starts the Mardi Gras party season.
Quote Reply
Re: Xmas idiocy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel better now knowing that I can celebrate all this crap getting boxed up. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I feel better now knowing that I can celebrate all this crap getting boxed up. Thanks.

You're supposed to give presents on the 6th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per my 5 y/o boy:

On the 12 days of xmas my stinklog gave to me:
12 butts farting
11 wieners peeing
10 toilets flushing...
*he couldn’t continue due to cracking himself up

I love that boy.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife grew up decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. By the 1st or 2nd we're itching to get all the decorations taken down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I didn't know that:

"The Twelve Days of Christmas, also known as Twelvetide, is a festive Christian season celebrating the Nativity of Jesus Christ. In most Western ecclesiastical traditions, "Christmas Day" is considered the "First Day of Christmas" and the Twelve Days are 25 December – 5 January, inclusive."

I thought it was the 12 days leading up to Xmas but apparently that time is something called Advent.....

So now our Xmas crap is going to stay up into January. Merry fucking Xmas.

Ahhh yeah, the christian season of Christmas is from Christmas Day Dec 25 until Epiphany Jan. 5 which is the celebration of the arrival of the 3 kings (although not there actual arrival date). Thats why most christians will keep the decorations up till Jan 5th. The Santa crowd burns the tree the night of Dec 25th I believe.

But yes in the Catholic church the 4 weeks before are the Season of Advent.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget about the 'Christmas in July' events being held at the local car dealerships. That's how the 3 wise men scored such good deals on their donkeys. Merry Fricken Christmas to you all.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad that Trump finally won the war on Christmas so we can bring the troops home and hand control back to the elves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the use of “Merry fucking Xmas”, you either aren’t a Christian or don’t take it seriously. So why would you feel the need to leave your stuff up?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Xmas idiocy [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a Ukrainian woman in this house, the stuff doesn't come down til the 14th of January.
Quote Reply
Re: Xmas idiocy [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Given the use of “Merry fucking Xmas”, you either aren’t a Christian or don’t take it seriously. So why would you feel the need to leave your stuff up?

If you think the idea of leaving things up was my idea let me introduce you to my wife....

Quote Reply