Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin not logging my kick sets? Driving my OCD crazy
Quote | Reply
I admit it. I suffer from a need to log every step. Totally unhealthy. I wear a Garmin 935, and clearly it won't log my kick set. Worse, it shorts my yardage when I do single-arm drills. When I hit the end of the year and want to see my total yardage, I don't want to be 5-10% short! I think I'll just solve the problem by not kicking anymore...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin not logging my kick sets? Driving my OCD crazy [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For kick sets and single arm drills you need to put the watch in “drill” mode. Input the yardage after you complete the set and it will add it to your workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin not logging my kick sets? Driving my OCD crazy [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
For kick sets and single arm drills you need to put the watch in “drill” mode. Input the yardage after you complete the set and it will add it to your workout.

How did anyone every become a good athlete without this stuff. I remember getting my very first heart rate monitor in the early 80s. I may need a season of digital detox! Just not yet....
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin not logging my kick sets? Driving my OCD crazy [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coach would love to see myself and the other triathletes ditch the watch. I’ve been thinking about ditching it for masters practice since it screws up my starts and finishes (pushing buttons)...haven’t so far because I love having the swim splits recorded.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin not logging my kick sets? Driving my OCD crazy [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't freak out if my watch doesn't record something. I know I did it. But I've gotten to like my 920xt. No need to rely on the clock that's broke. most of the time. I see rest time and send off time. Quick press of the button and I'm in "drill" mode and can record yardage.

Used to use pace clock with my 910, but rarely look at it now. Even in masters swim, I use it nore than I thought I would. Granted it is pretty much all triathletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a 735xt. Mine adds mileage I don't swim if I never push the lap button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really surprised Garmin hasn't come out with a timing chip like device that straps to your ankle to read kick metrics.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bingo!

mpderksen wrote:
I think I'll just solve the problem by not kicking anymore...
Quote Reply