Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away?
Quote | Reply
I fell last Sunday night on the ice and landed on my butt pretty hard. I’m still sore when bending over certain ways or putting my right sock on. Also, running bothers me in 1st 2 miles but pain goes away. It’s sore after running though. I don’t feel any pain biking or swimming. And I don’t feel it sitting so maybe it’s not my coccyx? Is this normal to feel pain 1 weeks later?
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it also hurt when you put your panties on? HTFU
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You fell on your what? (Coccyx)
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems a little higher than coccyx that’s bother me. It hurts to bend over. It feels very tight. It gets better as I move around more. But it’s not getting better.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My worst fall required two weeks of no running. Sadly my entire week of running this week has been on the treadmill for exactly this reason. I used to fall once a winter. I just don't take that chance anymore.

Stay safe and be patient. Let your body heal properly or you risk mor problems down the road.

Ed Alyanak

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last winter I slipped and landed my butt on a hard granite surface. That was in December. That thing did not go away until April - although after a few weeks it was more of a nag than actual pain.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like your SI joint
google SI joint dysfunction
get a massage and/or see a PT

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

I've had good luck with a chiro who does ART. As a result of surgery I have periodic SI joint issues. (And also both massage and PT)
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to be getting worse then better. I'm not 9 days post fall. I'm going to take a few days off running to see if things improve. Do you think biking is aggravating things? I think its SI joint as well. It hurts to bend over in my glute region.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurance1234 wrote:
It seems to be getting worse then better. I'm not 9 days post fall. I'm going to take a few days off running to see if things improve. Do you think biking is aggravating things? I think its SI joint as well. It hurts to bend over in my glute region.

not sure if you're asking me specifically, or asking in general ...

In any case, my own personal approach is: if it hurts more as a result of doing it, then don't. If not, then do it.
Last edited by: BrianB: Jan 2, 18 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOT a doctor, but this happened to me 2 weeks ago. 1 mile from home, BAM! Down on "black ice" before I could even sense I was falling. That quick--it was after a melt at 3:30 PM, road just looked like all the other meltage I ran through. Walked back home the short way (half mile) & it took me 15 minutes--banged up bad.

Took about 3 days for the elbow, hip pain to subside but aqua jogged instead. The knee is still sore to the touch, but have been running without pain for 1.5 weeks. In my case, while sore to the touch, there has been not one issue during running (swelling or other pain). In the meantime, look into aqua jogging--it's a life saver when injury occurs. As usual of a disclaimer, seek medical advice & this is not intended in any way, shape, or form as such.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Doc,
did you include R/O sacral Fx and lumbar disc herniation in your DDx ??

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm giving it 2 weeks before I get Xrays and such. If I start to improve, then I'll let it ride out. My tightness and soreness is starting to localize to above the right glute (just below the waste). I feel it most when bending over.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall on ice-How long before tightness/soreness in butt goes away? [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Doc,

Those are good things to think about too. I'm not an MD; d dx means something very different in my world :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Doc,

Those are good things to think about too. I'm not an MD; d dx means something very different in my world :-)

Yep. Diag / dx is a multifactorial equation. :-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d dx is the derivative with respect to x

Quote Reply