Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance
Quote | Reply
first off, if theres a rep from wahoo out there, message me.

has anyone else had this problem? the resistance on my kickr follows this strange sinusoidal wave pattern every 3ish seconds where the resistance will increase and then let off. this occurs NO MATTER WHAT app im paired to thus I am to assume that it is a problem with my hardware unit.

should have bought a neo.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it in erg mode when this happens.

Feel your pain, though. I'm about to douse my Kicker SNAP with gasoline and make a bonfire. Should have gone direct drive - just bought the tire version because I have 3 different drivetrains on my bikes and thought this might make it easy to use any bike on the trainer. But definitely not worth it. I'm barely holding myself to civility as the Wahoo rep keeps trying to tell me that fluctuations are due to the Power2Max NG I'm using as my comparitive PM in the graph I created for him.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is not necessarily just in erg mode. say i am just riding along with the wahoo app basically at my own will in resistance mode 1. it will hold a resistance felt at level 1 for a few seconds and then "release" for a second or 2 and then go back. this trend occurs literally no matter what. i could be paired to my iphone, my ipad, my laptop (yes ive tried them all) and this occurs.

infuriating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a number of users having similar issues with Kickr and very high heat problems, with overheating perhaps being the cause?
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance [Bill Black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bill Black wrote:
I know a number of users having similar issues with Kickr and very high heat problems, with overheating perhaps being the cause?

you know bill, that just occurred to me as well when i put my hand on it and nearly burned myself. this problem also starts occurring around the 1hr mark, after it has presumably heated up. maybe i shall place a fan near the unit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It could be interference. WiFi, Bluetooth, and ANT+ are on the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be interference, because there are many products that use frequencies in the 2.4GHz range. But it is not interefrence from BT; BT is on a different frequency. If you have a WiFi router, just check to make sure that it is not using one of the channels that overlaps with 2457 MHz. Or turn off the 2.4 GHz band just to check. I don’t think that cordless home phones operate at 2457 MHz, so that probably couldn’t be it.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Dec 30, 17 11:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kicks are vampires. Keep them out of direct sunlight. It plays havoc with the optical sensors. Also check the optical sensor isn't dirty/dusty.

As above, check all things ANT+ and Bluetooth are tidy. Maybe test this by using the Kickr somewhere else (at least 100m away) to see if it still occurs.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr is going bananas on resistance [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually found that there was visible dust on the sensor disk thing. have removed the dust streak and it seems to have improved the situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnj121591 wrote:
it is not necessarily just in erg mode. say i am just riding along with the wahoo app basically at my own will in resistance mode 1. it will hold a resistance felt at level 1 for a few seconds and then "release" for a second or 2 and then go back. this trend occurs literally no matter what. i could be paired to my iphone, my ipad, my laptop (yes ive tried them all) and this occurs.

infuriating.
I've had a similar issue with my Snap ever since the latest firmware update. Before that, it has always worked flawless and power was spot on, since then my power is way off and the above issue I have had as well. I had noticed the Wahoo app would constantly pause and resume which was causing the 'letting go' and reactivating the power level. But it think it may be an interference with other apps on the iPhone - including iTunes. If I turn other apps off I no longer have this power on/off issue. Still having some problems with heavily overreporting power values (which I didn't have the two years prior to the latest firmware update).
Quote Reply