Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend me armpads
Quote | Reply
So i've been rebuilding my front end to go from a flat position to a slightly more praying mantis position using the zipp vuka evo carbon extensions.

However without using angled spacers this means i'm mainly resting on my elbows now. My stock deda armrests are fine for traditional positioning, but now i'm looking for some thicker, comfier pads.

Tririg probably isnt an option because of import taxes in the EU.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you need padding then just make your own out of a yoga mat or foam. If you're looking to stay locked in then the AeroCoach Wing is a great option.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ceegees arm pads are great. I have replaced all of my stock pads with them. Thicker, cushier, etc.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
If you need padding then just make your own out of a yoga mat or foam. If you're looking to stay locked in then the AeroCoach Wing is a great option.

I also make my own, using craft foam (Amazon it) and shoe-goo glue. It's not hard but takes a little bit of work - I glue as many pieces together as I want for comfort, buy some velcro tape and tape some to the aerobar cup and the back of the foam aerobar pad, and you're good to go. I make mine into octagons since it's a much cleaner cut with scissors than the round shape, which is hard to get clean cuts with foam. They've been working great, no problems at all, and they look pretty cool!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

Have you tried the new Wing ones? I'm not enjoying the feel of my current pads (stock pre-'13 Trek SC pads) and I want a more "cupped" armrest to support a rather narrow position (by triathlon standards, at least). If I'm ordering an Aeox disc, I might as well tack those on to the order.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the new aerocoach wing's are a nice improvement over the originals. Good bit of kit. Plus, they're not white.

I also use hobby foam (~$1/sheet) to make rests and glue them together for thickness.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use hobby foam and some Velcro pads so that my foam pads are easily switchable and have made 3 pairs of pads, 1 layer/2 layer and 3 layers thick. I race anything from 10 TT's on super smooth tarmac to 'sporting' 100's and IM's on rough roads so easy switching is bonus.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
I use hobby foam and some Velcro pads so that my foam pads are easily switchable and have made 3 pairs of pads, 1 layer/2 layer and 3 layers thick. I race anything from 10 TT's on super smooth tarmac to 'sporting' 100's and IM's on rough roads so easy switching is bonus.

Yeah i ended up making my own. Used two different thicknesses to make my armpads angled at the same time. Works like a beauty.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me armpads [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old wetsuit bits are perfect for padding.

IIRC, it was your blog review that nearly had me order the old Aligns...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Old wetsuit bits are perfect for padding.

IIRC, it was your blog review that nearly had me order the old Aligns...

I've still got the originals on my Speed Concept. The new wings look much better on my track bike though!

I've never tried using old wetsuit, sounds perfect though! (and I've got 3 wetsuits that haven't been used in 3-4 years!) I might cut one up soon.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, they're great and a nice improvement on the originals.
Quote Reply