Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tequila
Quote | Reply
Got scotch and vodka covered... now tequila! A year ago, I never would have thought I could enjoy sippin' tequila. Since then though I've been turned on to some really tasty stuff that I really, really enjoy. Just got a bottle of a local (central TX) brand, Amorada anejo. That, and Don Julio 1942 anejo are the best I've had. Any one else got anything?
Quote Reply
Re: Tequila [hullcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I got was such a horrible tequila experience from when I was 17 that just reading the name still makes me want to vomit (I'm 43 now btw). Jose Cuervo is evil.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Tequila [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, I feel ya and would have said the same thing before trying some of the good stuff... It's so different you could likely try a glass not knowing what it is and think you were drinking something other than tequila. Even the stuff I used to think was good (Patron, etc...) is complete piss in comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a huge tequila fan, but have been recently trying quality mezcal, which I rather like. Bozal is rather intriguing

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love tequila. In fact it's my drink of choice. Chilled, Patron Silver has never failed me. It's made from 100% Weber Blue Agave. There is a great Mexican restaurant near my home that must have 20 different types of tequila on the menu. Here is one of them:

Azunia Añejo tequila aged in oak barrels for 18 months.

I've had about 10 of them and found that I am partial to clear tequila.

Check out http://www.tequila.net/ for some additional info and happy new year.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Tequila [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
Not a huge tequila fan, but have been recently trying quality mezcal, which I rather like. Bozal is rather intriguing

Haven't yet tried mezcal, but I hear good things. Gonna have to give it a try soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brings a whole different level of flavour since three see so many different agaves used. Not all blue.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A crazy Mexican in Chicago turned me on to Agavero a few years ago. Delicious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cazadores and herradura are both pretty good.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Tequila [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And happy new year to you sir.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fan of the Don Julios. I have a 1942 at home ready to roll. However, best bang for the buck is the Corazon Reposado. Excellent profile and only ~$25 US. It's my go to.
Quote Reply
Re: Tequila [wild hare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don Julio 1942 and Casamigos. The latter is my everyday tequila and perfect chilled on ice, sometimes with a splash of soda or grapefruit juice (yes, really).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The DJ 1942 is great. I love tequila and over the years I think I have found the perfect price/performance brands. I suggest the DJ Blanco in the huge bottle from Costco or my personnel fav for everyday sipping, Cazadores Reposado. I also like the Gran Centenario stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My standbys:
Cheap (margaritas, but can still be sipped) - el Jimador.
A little nicer - Casa Noble Reposado
Quote Reply