Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How did you choose your aerobars?
Quote | Reply
How’d you make your choice? I have a three year old P2 (my first tribike) with PD’s base bar and t4+ extensions. I have broken a arm pad twice now (lots of corrosion from trainer riding) and this time the screws are completely fused into the holes, I’m going to have to order a new bracket and pad set... so I’m already looking at $100 just to replace these... I wouldn’t say the current setup is perfectly comfortable, I’ve stuck it out for three years now so it’s not awful either. maybe it’s time to try something different since I’m already spending some money...

I’ve did a search on “aerobars” for this forum and it really got overwhelming trying to decipher everything. And I didn’t see any topics that specifically asked this.
Thanks for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: How did you choose your aerobars? [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first set, just bought the cheapest Profile alu basebar and clipon I could find..
then got a set of Hed carbon integrated, off the classifieds here.
Those are getting a bit old and I worry about the elderly carbon, so may replace with newer alu ones.

my picks would start from slowman's latest recommendations, either Zipp or Profile, see

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Vuka_Clip_6427.html

and

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...listening__6413.html

$140 for the Zipp alu bars seems a reasonable price, for tri values of 'reasonable price'..
hopefully those would fit your basebar, otherwise yet more recreational shopping to do..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Last edited by: doug in co: Dec 29, 17 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never did find the Profile armrests to be particularly comfortable. Have had much better luck with Vision extensions, whether R bend or J bend. Come in different lengths and the pads are easily replaced ($21 off ebay or CeeGees are always available for them).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve just used the p5 bars since I got it but before then it was pretty much whatever was fastest. Unfortunately it seems like there has been a huge decrease in wind tunnel date for aerobars over the last few years. I don’t know if they’re just so close it doesn’t matter anymore or what.

But I would first workout a budget and go from there because they’re all over the place for aerobars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DrunkIrishman wrote:
How’d you make your choice? I have a three year old P2 (my first tribike) with PD’s base bar and t4+ extensions. I have broken a arm pad twice now (lots of corrosion from trainer riding) and this time the screws are completely fused into the holes, I’m going to have to order a new bracket and pad set... so I’m already looking at $100 just to replace these... I wouldn’t say the current setup is perfectly comfortable, I’ve stuck it out for three years now so it’s not awful either. maybe it’s time to try something different since I’m already spending some money...

I’ve did a search on “aerobars” for this forum and it really got overwhelming trying to decipher everything. And I didn’t see any topics that specifically asked this.
Thanks for any help!

this is a good question and not one that's asked often enough.

A good build really ought to start from the bars and work back, but since you already have a frame you might want to consider how each choice interacts with your frame size and stem.

That said, it seems like budget is your driving factor, so you could do ok just replacing what you have.

With regard to comfort, have you ever had a proper fit?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply