Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Le Mans on amazon
Quote | Reply
It is awesome

If you like racing and you have not seen it. It's great

The in car lap in a jag d type in 56 where there are cyclists on course is hysterical
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans on amazon [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume this isn't the Steve McQueen LeMans?
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans on amazon [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. A series about 2015 season
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Series or documentary? Saw the documentary which I think was about the 2015 race, and it was great.

BTW, while the 60s movie with the King of Cool was great, personally for me Grand Prix with James Garner gets my vote. Cars from an era when the formula spec cars were truly beautiful and the camera work in Frankenheimer's movie was fantastic.
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans on amazon [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Documentary series.

Currently watching Ford return to Lm doc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Series or documentary? Saw the documentary which I think was about the 2015 race, and it was great.

BTW, while the 60s movie with the King of Cool was great, personally for me Grand Prix with James Garner gets my vote. Cars from an era when the formula spec cars were truly beautiful and the camera work in Frankenheimer's movie was fantastic.

There was a doc on HBO [maybe?] about Steve McQueen making LeMans

I highly recommend it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
personally for me Grand Prix with James Garner gets my vote. Cars from an era when the formula spec cars were truly beautiful and the camera work in Frankenheimer's movie was fantastic.
I remember an article in (I think) Popular Mechanics at the time that had a lengthy article on how that movie was filmed. Really cool stuff, a then-current F1 car rigged up as a camera car (fixed), a sports prototype rigged up to carry a cameraman, and a dummy F1 car on a lazy susan on top of another F1 car that was used to film spins.

Yes, I am old

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans on amazon [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rush was excellent as and was senna whilst on subject
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

I could have done without the time spent on the video game playing punk whose car ultimately didn't work so it made the focus on him even more worthless. The vintage footage plus the new stuff in 4K was awesome, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad was production manager on a movie called Bobby Deerfield when I was a kid. The movie had little racing in it, but I got to go check some F1 racing with him in the 1976 season, which were used for the movie then. And it was really awesome. Also got to go to Le Mans. As a 6-7yo, you're in awe.

http://www.imdb.com/...t0075774/fullcredits
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans on amazon [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That video game playing punk has done alright since and the PS - Nissan relationship is really interesting

He was on the podium first time out at le mans.

The Nissan was interesting but the film about ford going back 50 yeara later was better

The crash at the nurburgring was epic. Super dangerous, one spectator killed but the car just took off
Quote Reply