Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ripper Street on Netflix
Quote | Reply
Anybody ever watched this? The spousal unit and I discovered it the other day. We're in Season 2, and so far it's been outstanding. Though mostly composed of a company of players from Jane Austen movies and Game of Thrones. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Ripper Street on Netflix [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never heard of it

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Ripper Street on Netflix [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Never heard of it

It starts in 1889 in East London (H Division, Whitechapel police), about six months after Jack the Ripper's last murder. Each episode stands on its own, though the first season's common thread was that every crime taking place carried some intimation that maybe its genesis was due to the Ripper. I'm not British or a Londoner by any stretch, but the locales, scenes and various accents of London cities and neighborhoods really look and sound impressive. Kind of a violent period piece. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Never heard of it

It starts in 1889 in East London (H Division, Whitechapel police), about six months after Jack the Ripper's last murder. Each episode stands on its own, though the first season's common thread was that every crime taking place carried some intimation that maybe its genesis was due to the Ripper. I'm not British or a Londoner by any stretch, but the locales, scenes and various accents of London cities and neighborhoods really look and sound impressive. Kind of a violent period piece. ;-)

Got to give the Brits a lot of credit. They always do very good historical drama series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great show.

Check out the Fall as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Ripper Street on Netflix [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Great show.

Check out the Fall as well.

I will. The wife's also trying to get me to watch the first season of "Glitch" on Netflix as well. I don't know if it's binge-worthy, though. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. Ill give it a go!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply