Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109
Quote | Reply
Evidently, when President Trump signed the tax bill last week, he made that claim that the 88 bills he had signed during his first year were "No. 1 in the history of our country".

This is funny on two parts. First, for a person who customarily over exaggerates, the actual number of bills he signed was 96 not 88. Second, he trails GW Bush (who has signed the least in the last 40 years) by 13 and only half as many as Carter. According to NPR, Trump signed 96, Obama 124, GWB 109, Clinton 209, GHWB 242, Reagan 158 and Carter 249
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can hear DUFFY stewing...
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it's obviously Congress' fault. If they had sent Trump enough bills, he could've easily surpassed that puny peanut-farming nukular engineer Carter.

Oh, and Trump's bills were bigger, too. They're so massively 'uge each one counts for at least 3 Bush bills.
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
     meh, Trump continues to fall short of his rhetoric, not a new story, but he does deserve abuse for his never-ending exaggerations. OTOH, he has had a better year than I would have expected, and the Tax bill included drilling in ANWAR and repeal of the ACA mandate, so you can count it as a three-fer! (My take is he got a gift on that one because the pub congress realized they had to pass it for themselves)
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
meh, Trump continues to fall short of his rhetoric, not a new story, but he does deserve abuse for his never-ending exaggerations. OTOH, he has had a better year than I would have expected, and the Tax bill included drilling in ANWAR and repeal of the ACA mandate, so you can count it as a three-fer! (My take is he got a gift on that one because the pub congress realized they had to pass it for themselves)

I'm old enough to remember when claiming the President was some sort of liar was considered Taliban terrorism!

I'm also old enough to remember when dissent was the highest form of patriotism, and then when dissent became the basest form of treason, before polymorphing once again to the highest form of patriotism.

I wonder what accounts for these whipsaw changes?! ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No surprise here. But if he eventually ever gets his facts straight and tells the truth then that will be a shocker.
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it odd when President’s are judged by the number of bills passed without consideration for the quality or even if the bill is good for anyone other than a select group.
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing. Why the quantity over quality bragging. Who cares how many bills he has signed? Supporters or detractors. Strange topic.
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Why the quantity over quality bragging. Who cares how many bills he has signed? Supporters or detractors. Strange topic.

Because to Trump size matters and bigger is better.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Because to Trump size matters and bigger is better.

And let me tell you, there's no issue in the size department, right? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: In Trump's world of Alternative Facts, 88 is more than 109 [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

Legislators based their success on whether or not legislation is passed. I doesn’t really matter what the legislation is.

It’s sort of like when some law or laws are violated on a massive scale (cough cough, immigration) and then we get legislators calling for new laws to be passed to address the problem rather than just enforcing existing laws.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's important to note whenever Trump is quoting numbers, of any kind that he's almost ALWAYS wrong with the numbers, and that there is a strong tendency (again almost always) to exaggerate numbers to make him or the GOP look better.

As I always do I turn this around into questions - Do Trump supporters/voters not care about accuracy, of important numbers, or that the man in the highest office in the land, and one of the most powerful man in the world, is always wrong with numbers and almost always exaggerates those numbers to make him look better?? You are OK with all that? This level of total inaccuracy, ineptitude, non-stop boasting, and exaggeration (and lying) for highly elected officials is OK?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 28, 17 8:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

If James Earl Carter is the leader in numbers then we know that less is better.
Quote Reply