Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Top 20 Countries in Alcohol Consumption Per Capita [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31741615 In 1830 US alcohol consumption peaked at 7.1 gallons of pure alcohol per capita per year. That would be about 30 liters. You guys are getting soft.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Dec 28, 17 3:41
Quote Reply
Re: The Top 20 Countries in Alcohol Consumption Per Capita [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
That's just sad.
Australia @ No 20

I think its got more to do with what each country drinks more than anything.

The Balkan peoples drink at lot more spirits than the west where beer tends to be the alcoholic beverage of choice.

I know where my parents are from (Croatia), beer is something you drink to pass the time.
When you want to get serious, out comes the Rakija :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The Top 20 Countries in Alcohol Consumption Per Capita [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a more interesting stat would be how much of just the actual drinkers would be. We are severely diluted with all the Mormons, and other religions that forbid drinking. And then of course we have a very big AA population, so used to contribute heavily to the numbers, but now drag it down with bupkis. Lets get rid of all the tea totalers and have a real competition...
Quote Reply
Re: The Top 20 Countries in Alcohol Consumption Per Capita [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31741615 In 1830 US alcohol consumption peaked at 7.1 gallons of pure alcohol per capita per year. That would be about 30 liters. You guys are getting soft.

Soft AND flabby. And we're apparently sex-harassing pervs, to boot. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next