Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Beedoop [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Common sense is to just keep flying to Japan, give the guy a first class ticket back to America, free hotel, and possibly some other compensation.

Why the hell would you compensate the guy who got on the wrong plane using the wrong airline?

Well, I suppose the flight crew or whoever let him board the plane should have noticed he had the wrong ticket. After all, wasn't it the "beedoop" machine that wasn't working properly or maybe it just wasn't loud enough. At the end of the day, it was ultimately a 'security issue'. The guy could have been on some no-fly list I guess.

Sure, the airline also screwed up, but if the airline screws up, and the guy screws up, I'm not sure why the airline suddenly owes the guy a first class return ticket, hotel, and other compensation. Seriously, it's not difficult to go to the right gate with the right airline, with the right flight number. They announce all that information in dozens of ways at dozens of times.

In this day and age of social media justice it wouldn't matter if the airline is in the right. This guy can bitch online and it would become a 'big bad corporation' vs 'avg joe' story. Facts schmmacts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next