Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kaepernick Stats
Quote | Reply
Some of these stats may have shown up in the earlier thread, but they were interesting when I read them today.

"Since Kaepernick parted ways with the San Francisco 49ers in March, 62 other quarterbacks have been signed to NFL teams, according to Stats LLC. That number jumps to 84 when including quarterbacks signed off practice squads. Only two of them have posted a higher quarterback rating in 2017 than Kaepernick’s 2016 rating. In all, 70 quarterbacks have taken a snap this season.

In the last few years, he suffered some injuries while San Francisco took a downturn. The 49ers were just 1-10 in his 11 games as a starter in 2016. Still, he threw 16 touchdowns and only four interceptions. His 90.7 passer rating was 17th best in the league. This season, it would rank 16th—just behind Matt Ryan and ahead of Blake Bortles."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-your-team-didnt-sign-colin-kaepernick/ar-BBHnV4G?li=BBnb7Kz

Among others, the two guys that the Houston Texans used at quarterback yesterday were completely out of their depth. I'm not saying there's any collision going on, and dealing with Kaepernick's baggage wouldn't be easy. But he is a better quarterback than some of the guys starting NFL games these days.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QB rating is only only piece of the puzzle. When your team sucks you have to throw the ball a lot in the second half and that pads the stats. On a good day Kaep is average with a lot of baggage. Every team without a top 10 QB is looking to upgrade to someone younger, not a 30 year old, injury prone, politically polarizing activist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you hate the anthem?
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't argue about his baggage. But if it were so easy to pad your stats (and your QB rating) by being behind in the 2nd half, guys like Trubisky, Kizer, Hundley, Yates, Brissett, Petty, and Eli Manning would be leading the league this year.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Hah, hate's too strong a word. But it bugs me how many people head off to the rest room/concession stand when it's time for the National Anthem.

Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

and cops
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Can't argue about his baggage. But if it were so easy to pad your stats (and your QB rating) by being behind in the 2nd half, guys like Trubisky, Kizer, Hundley, Yates, Brissett, Petty, and Eli Manning would be leading the league this year.

Fair enough, but with the exception of Manning those are primarily young guys with potential upside and small paychecks or backups playing because the starter went down. While Kaeps lifetime QB rating would rank 16h in the NFL this season not all his stats grade out that well. His completion percentage of 59.8% would place him 29th this season and 178 passing yards per game also ranks 29th. I have no doubt that a healthy Kaep with a full training camp could be better than some of the backups and other marginal QB's but why would you want to deal with all the drama for a backup QB, or a marginal starter? The QB needs to be the leader of the team and face of the franchise. If Kaep played another position that didn't have QB limelight he'd have a much better chance at getting a job like that lying idiot Michael Bennett.

Lastly, don't forget Kaep asked to be released from the 49'ers and Baltimore said they were going to make him an offer before his GF called Ray Lewis a slave and the team owner his master.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
On a good day Kaep is average with a lot of baggage. Every team without a top 10 QB is looking to upgrade to someone younger, not a 30 year old, injury prone, politically polarizing activist.

The guy is a career backup at best. He believed he was a star based on his early career success, which was not sustained. In today's football, backups fall into two categories. Career guys are normally quiet, smart, non-controversial, experienced players who can come in and lead for a short period of time. Then there are the young draftees, learning the system, expected to take over eventually. If they don't work out, they get cut.

No one, NO ONE wants a distraction like Kaepernick on their team unless he can put up superstar stats which translate to wins. He does not have the skills to be "that guy".

Kaepernick needs to forget about football. He chose a career as an activist, live it, accept it, move on.
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Kaepernick needs to forget about football. He chose a career as an activist, live it, accept it, move on.

Yup, and he is realizing it doesn't pay all that well :D
He said and did a lot of stupid shit, why is anyone surprised he can't get a job?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the past 4 Niners games with Jimmy G have proved that he wasn't a decent QB on a bad team.
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
I think the past 4 Niners games with Jimmy G have proved that he wasn't a decent QB on a bad team.

As a Broncos fan I was very jealous of the 49'ers trade for Jimmy G. I was surprised NE didn't keep him and or get more for him. Brady could Manning at any time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy G's contract was up, so they would have lost him to free agency. They never would have been able to pay him enough. Even if they slapped the Franchise tag on him, league average for a starting QB would have bumped them above the Cap.

Rumor is that Cleveland offered 1st and 2nd round picks, but the Pats wanted to to right by him and not send him to the Land were QB's go and die. If it's true, which I believe it's pretty amazing in todays cut-throat world of Pro Sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
Jimmy G's contract was up, so they would have lost him to free agency. They never would have been able to pay him enough. Even if they slapped the Franchise tag on him, league average for a starting QB would have bumped them above the Cap.

Rumor is that Cleveland offered 1st and 2nd round picks, but the Pats wanted to to right by him and not send him to the Land were QB's go and die. If it's true, which I believe it's pretty amazing in todays cut-throat world of Pro Sports.
Yeah I've heard that too. Belichick has said enough that I'm convinced he loved the kid and held on to him as long as he realistically could while also getting something of value in return. Could they have held him through this season then franchised him and traded him? Maybe, I've heard some things lately that it wasn't really a viable option. So what do you do otherwise?

Anyway this Kaep shit has been rehashed over and over. Decent quarterback who made himself the story; if you're not going to be 'the franchise'--and he wasn't good enough for that--you should be a good team player who doesn't make waves. Kaepernick did nothing but make waves. Is he better than many/most of the QB's picked up off the scrap heap this season? Totally...but that's not the point or the issue, anyone still wrestling with this cares more about his activisim than his role on an NFL team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More food for thought.

"The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by new San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo:
67.4 completion percentage
1,565 total yards
Seven touchdowns and 5 interceptions
96.2 passer rating

The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
65.1 completion percentage
1,305 total yards
Nine touchdowns and 2 interceptions
96.2 passer rating"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/numbers-never-lie-proof-that-kaepernick-is-being-blackballed/ar-BBHTVRs?li=BBnba9I

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
More food for thought.

"The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by new San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo:
67.4 completion percentage
1,565 total yards
Seven touchdowns and 5 interceptions
96.2 passer rating

The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
65.1 completion percentage
1,305 total yards
Nine touchdowns and 2 interceptions
96.2 passer rating"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/numbers-never-lie-proof-that-kaepernick-is-being-blackballed/ar-BBHTVRs?li=BBnba9I

Even more food for thought.

The last 5 games started by Kaepernick and Garrapolo their records were:

5-0
1-4

Care to guess which one was which?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Misleading drivel. First, Jimmy G has only played 5 games in a SF uniform, so right off the bat the author is being misleading.

IN Kaepernick's last six starts the Niners went 1-5, averaging 19.33 points per game, and Kaep averaged 6.69 y/att. You can go back further because the 49ers lost 10 of Kaep's last 11 games, their only win coming against the 4-12 Rams. They lost to some bad teams in the process and couldn't score against bad defenses.

In Garoppolo's five starts with the Niners they've gone 5-0, averaging 28.8 points, and Jimmy G's averaged 8.76 y/att. But the wins are one thing, the 49ers have beaten playoff-bound Tennessee and Jacksonville in the process, and the 9ers laid 44 on the top-ranked Jags defense.

The stats can be massaged to paint whatever picture you want, the fact is the 9ers were TERRIBLE with Kaepernick at QB and a lot of that had to do with his style of play. He's not an NFL QB right now becasue he's not worth the baggage he brings to the mix. Call it blackballing if you want but teams do not want a mediocre QB who's more of a distraction off the field than he is a benefit on it, period.
Quote Reply
Re: Kaepernick Stats [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
The stats can be massaged to paint whatever picture you want, the fact is the 9ers were TERRIBLE with Kaepernick at QB and a lot of that had to do with his style of play. He's not an NFL QB right now becasue he's not worth the baggage he brings to the mix. Call it blackballing if you want but teams do not want a mediocre QB who's more of a distraction off the field than he is a benefit on it, period.
I wouldn't hire Kaepernick, but I'm not an NFL owner/GM.

But three owners/GM's signed Michael Vick after his dog fighting and prison time (talk about baggage) in 2007-08. Vick started 48 games for the Eagles, Jets, and Steelers between 2009-2015, and his on the field performance wasn't great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

I wouldn't hire Kaepernick, but I'm not an NFL owner/GM.

But three owners/GM's signed Michael Vick after his dog fighting and prison time (talk about baggage) in 2007-08. Vick started 48 games for the Eagles, Jets, and Steelers between 2009-2015, and his on the field performance wasn't great.
His first season back Vick was a Pro Bowler and the Eagles were 8-3 in his starts. 21 TD's to 6 INT's, 100.2 QBR, 100 rushes at 6.8 yards/carry and 9 more TD's. He was his old electric self and took the Eagles to the playoffs. At that point his retribution story was complete, and by all accounts he had turned a corner and did a lot of charity work for dog shelters and animal rescue. His reputation had recovered and it was no longer a lightning rod issue to sign Mike Vick, he could safely be a mediocre backup. That's obviously no the case with Kaep.
Quote Reply