Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Investing thoughts / wonderings especially you west coast folks
Quote | Reply
I am coming from the standpoint, the financial (stock) world is a mess, Market Cap. value is more a speculative value now than a real value. Soooo...

With the glitz and glamour spot light moving to Bitcoin and crypto currency (although its missing a face / personality) and the continued failure to get mass production of the model 3 going. Do you think Tesla stock could start to tumble as the flashy company investors move on to the next flash?

Even as I type this I see holes in this thought, but wonder what others think.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Investing thoughts / wonderings especially you west coast folks [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find the publicly traded companies that spend the most money on lobbying and campaign donations. These firms usually outperform the market.

But, from what you are typing, I feel like you are looking for grand slams. If that is the case, I have no advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Investing thoughts / wonderings especially you west coast folks [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Find the publicly traded companies that spend the most money on lobbying and campaign donations. These firms usually outperform the market.

But, from what you are typing, I feel like you are looking for grand slams. If that is the case, I have no advice.

Not looking for any advice. All my long term money is in Low cost index fund S&P500 and a Russel2000 fund, oh and a bit in the Vanguard Health care fund.

I just like watching how the masses invest and how money moves. Tesla is so over valued for what they have done and are doing its not funny, as soon as his "investors" decide hey this place is cooler or sexier, it will be the end, but for now he can keep make grand proposals, and never deliver and be ok. So mostly just wondering will the Crypto Currency boom pull money from the Tesla market.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Investing thoughts / wonderings especially you west coast folks [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, yes, investment psychology is interesting. I am actually in the business.

Your TSLA theory pans out if his investors are only in TSLA and would need to pull the money out to invest elsewhere. That could pan out, but it would take time.

CCs are interesting...kind of. They actually make the most sense in emerging markets, supply chain management (internal transactions tracking), and the black market. There will always be a black market (human trafficking, drugs, etc.) for CCs to play in. I don't have a cent invested in them.

Passive investing can be a good place to be...just keep chipping away. I like that you are hitting the R2K.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Dec 26, 17 18:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a Tesla. I love the car, but I think the company is probably worthless. The valuation reflects more of who founded it than company fundamentals. However, I digress.

Crypto is a long way from being the next shiny object. Until you can achieve near instant access and liquidity from your positions, the broad market applications become challenge. Try selling Bitcoin on even the most established exchanges. The price you will receive might vary 20% from the price you thought you were selling it based on market volatility. There is also some opaqueness into the actual price at the time the trade was made -- since there is no ombudsman or regulation, who is to say someone is not skimming? Then you get to trading volume limits and the whole thing cracks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plastics