Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Legal marijuana states [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So this old thread got me to click to see why it was in the triathlon forum. Very interesting indeed. I smoked a couple times in college and had the super bad paranoia, so that was it for me and pot. But this sleep thing has me very interested, which product exactly are they selling(or you all are taking) for this great sleep?? Is it the stuff that is now off the banned list too?? I'm in Ca, so probably can just drive somewhere are get it easily..
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you found the info useful, that was our hope. Lot of promise, but also a lot of hand waving too, not to mention for athletes to understand about what's legal and what's not (if subject to drug testing).
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Better sleep isn't a competitive edge? Maybe not one night but if I had better sleep in the 3 months leading up to a race vs my competitor odd are I would have the better race - either arriving fresher or being able to have absorbed a higher training load. Isn't more sleep like the number one thing people could do to perform better? I see better sleep as a HUGE performance advantage.

Is there disagreement on the benefits of sleep on performance?

Now the discussion with CBD / THC legality, use cases, etc can carry on (I'm intrigued by it all and how it can be optimized)... But I disagree with "it doesn't provide any benefit, just allows me to sleep better".

Not really as you wake up still drowsy and slow from it. Kinda of like alcohol hangover with out the vomiting, hangover, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's legal and what's not is still difficult to discern. Hemp CBD is OTC legal quite widely, and legislation to federally legalize is in '18 Farm Bill. Hemp does NOT contain THC, which is what causes the stoney feeling; products with CBD and THC together would fall under the medicinal category (or recreational in CA, CO, etc where legal).

Here's where it gets tricky: medical marijuana products can't cross state lines. So in your case, you'd know it was grown in CA. But hemp CBD can come from anywhere including China. IOW, it's really important to know the source; I liken it to organic food and knowing what you put in your body. For athletes it's also important to know that WADA removed CBD from banned list but not THC.

Personally I like Medterra products, which are grown in Kentucky and can be ordered online to CA. They have one that includes Melatonin to help sleep. I occasionally use it and wake up without any side effects.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jun 25, 18 15:54
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the product, you're probably referring to those with THC.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you use the 250 mg strength or the 750 mg strength?
Quote Reply
Re: Legal marijuana states [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having extensively researched this topic in the '70's, I can state with confidence that it is not a performance enhancing substance
Quote Reply

Prev Next