Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Army dominated the time of possession
Quote | Reply
Thread will prob go no where but just gotta give a shout out to my Black Knights (aka Knights in White Satin in win over Navy)

Went for the win and got it over a really good team in SDSU Aztecs

Hohoho Merry Christmas!

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Thread will prob go no where but just gotta give a shout out to my Black Knights (aka Knights in White Satin in win over Navy)

Went for the win and got it over a really good team in SDSU Aztecs

Hohoho Merry Christmas!

Yeah, that was a good game. So much for the theory that service academy football isn't big-time Division I capable anymore. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going for two and then the last play was a perfect end. Best Army finish in what, two decades?
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
certainly since the glory days under Coach Jim Young.

I played for Army under Homer Smith and Lou Saban. I am not sure why we ever went away from the option/wishbone but what do i know as a D line guy

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

I played for Army under Homer Smith and Lou Saban. I am not sure why we ever went away from the option/wishbone but what do i know as a D line guy

/r

When I was a division officer at Great Lakes we used to play Fort Sheridan every year during the football season. For two of those years, I was the coach and one of the cornerbacks. It was flag football only, because the services by that time had gotten too wimpy to sponsor base tackle football teams, but there was plenty of bruising and blocking and a few personal fouls for all of that. ;-)

Every year, Fort Sheridan would show up running that wishbone offense. One year, they'd win. The next year, we would. After the game, we all met at the base club (ours if they were visitors, theirs if they were hosting us) and drank a lot of beer together. Usually, the guest of honor would be a Medal of Honor winner from the Army or the Navy, or multiple winners from both. I stood in awe of those men. Good times.

Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

/r

When I was a division officer at Great Lakes we used to play Fort Sheridan every year during the football season. For two of those years, I was the coach and one of the cornerbacks. It was flag football only, because the services by that time had gotten too wimpy to sponsor base tackle football teams, but there was plenty of bruising and blocking and a few personal fouls for all of that. ;-)

Every year, Fort Sheridan would show up running that wishbone offense. One year, they'd win. The next year, we would. After the game, we all met at the base club (ours if they were visitors, theirs if they were hosting us) and drank a lot of beer together. Usually, the guest of honor would be a Medal of Honor winner from the Army or the Navy, or multiple winners from both. I stood in awe of those men. Good times.

Fort Sheridan is now a really nice housing development.
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

/r

Just a detail, but I thought it was in poor taste to refer to those awarded the Medal of Honor as "winners" of the award? Not a military guy here, but I've heard military folk correct civilians on that before.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Canadian

Lighten up Steve, just asking a question here.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
Canadian

Lighten up Steve, just asking a question here.

Saying "Medal of Honor awardee" is a bit awkward. "Medal of Honor recipient" is better, but to me it somehow diminishes the award to say "recipient," as if it's just any other military award (which it ISN'T). I've met and talked with many Medal of Honor awardees or winners, and even worked as an aide for one (MGEN James Livingston, his came in recognition of heroic duty in Vietnam). None of them ever asked us not to refer to them as "Medal of Honor winners" or became upset when referred to as winners. But your point is well taken.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I caught the last quarter only. Did Army ever punt? Seems like they're unstoppable on the ground, guaranteed 10 yards over four downs. Great blocking by the tackles across the board.

Going for two was a no-brainer, with that beast of a running back just waiting to unleash hell.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Army dominated the time of possession [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great win. Had to go for 2.
Icing on the cake of beating of Navy 2 weeks ago.
Best season I’ve witnessed since I’ve moved 20 miles from West Point 25 years ago.

Go Army, beat Navy! Two years and counting.
Last edited by: stillrollin: Dec 24, 17 19:49
Quote Reply