Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Harrisburg (PA) Shooting Spree Suspect (Friday Night): You'll Never Guess... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
You misused apostate

I know, but "even more of an apostate" just sounded too clunky on the tongue. ;-)

That would still be wrong. A Jew or Christian could never be a Muslim apostate. An apostate is one who has left a religion.
Quote Reply
Re: Harrisburg (PA) Shooting Spree Suspect (Friday Night): You'll Never Guess... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
You misused apostate

I know, but "even more of an apostate" just sounded too clunky on the tongue. ;-)

That would still be wrong. A Jew or Christian could never be a Muslim apostate. An apostate is one who has left a religion.

Right. They'd be infidels. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Harrisburg (PA) Shooting Spree Suspect (Friday Night): You'll Never Guess... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
You misused apostate

Broadly speaking yes, but infidels are above apostates and pagans in the need to kill (although I'm not certain I think apostates are higher in the hierarchy aka need to die more)
Quote Reply
Re: Harrisburg (PA) Shooting Spree Suspect (Friday Night): You'll Never Guess... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
windywave wrote:
You misused apostate

Broadly speaking yes, but infidels are above apostates and pagans in the need to kill (although I'm not certain I think apostates are higher in the hierarchy aka need to die more)

Leaving aside those jihadi nutcakes -- who can't be reasoned or bargained with under any circumstance -- Jews and Christians often receive relatively better treatment in Muslim countries than atheists and pagans. In pluralistic, more tolerant Muslim countries (and there are a few still out there) they do just fine. They used to be the people in Muslim countries who operated the wineries and breweries, for one.

If I recall correctly, Saddam Hussein's foreign minister before the US invaded in 2003, Tariq Aziz, was a Chaldean Catholic born Michael Yuhanna (he changed his name to the Arabic-sounding "Tariq Aziz" after joining the Ba'ath Party in 1957). He was the 8 of Spades in the US's 52-card deck of cards used to identify the top-52 members of the deposed Iraqi government identified for immediate capture and imprisonment by US and coalition forces.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next