Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pervnado Continues: Several Women Accuse Top Progressive Editor of Sex Harassment
Quote | Reply
AlterNet is a progressive/lefty (pretty far left, in some cases) news site that's been toiling away since 1997, making it venerable in terms of the life of the internet and the World Wide Web. Apparently, its executive editor, longtime progressive stalwart Don Hazen, is now being accused of sexual harassment by at least five women. When Buzzfeed (of course it would have to be Buzzfeed) went to AlterNet's board of directors for comment they immediately placed Hazen on indefinite suspension while the accusations are investigated.

Allegations by the women range from making inappropriate comments in the workplace (we're all dead in the water if that's the standard by which such claims are going to be judged) to some touching and kissing by Hazen, who'd recently done an interview about the Orange-Haired Wonder and the resurgence of "toxic masculinity" since his election. Buzzfeed also claims it has spoken with 11 additional people and that it even has seen chat messages that back up the claims made by those women.

"Tana Ganeva, a former AlterNet employee, worked for the site first as an editorial assistant and then in other editing roles in San Francisco, from February 2008 to June 2011, before becoming its managing editor, based in New York, until February 2016…

Ganeva said Hazen would take photographs and videos of her at work, without her explicit consent, and comment on her “perfect legs” and other parts of her body. He’d also remark when she gained or lost weight…

At one one-on-one meeting over editorial matters in winter 2011, Ganeva said Hazen started showing her a personal collection of printed photographs from the 1970s and 1980s, “primarily of young women he said he had dated,” she said. Then he handed her a black and white photograph of his erect penis, which she said he called “artistic.”

“I took the photo the way one does when someone hands you something and you haven’t processed what it is, looked at the picture of his erect penis, then handed it back to him,” she said. “I don’t think I said anything. It was sort of an arty photo, I guess, but I really wasn’t happy to have an image of my boss’s erect dick emblazoned in my brain.”"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/...pkNz2jpoy#.gfG042qxR

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Pervnado Continues: Several Women Accuse Top Progressive Editor of Sex Harassment [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s amusing when you try to claim that you aren’t political any more.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pervnado Continues: Several Women Accuse Top Progressive Editor of Sex Harassment [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It’s amusing when you try to claim that you aren’t political any more.

That's how the story was characterized by the sources I pulled it from. Also, the story wouldn't have had relevance if I hadn't highlighted it (something my Nazi-like copy editors stressed many times whenever I wrote weak heds). Would anyone have noticed his doings had he not been a "progressive editor of AlterNet?" Or even known of him or otherwise cared (his name isn't exactly on the lips of most people)?

But I've highlighted, as well, when some GOPer or conservative is caught up in the sexual harassment Reign of Terror, such as that toad Blake Farenthold. The problem is, right now, that most of the revelations emerging have been on the progressive side of the aisle. I didn't make that so. They did. And I'll be more than happy to highlight all the righties when they emerge. Which they will, of that there's little doubt.

Actually, I'm of the "let it all burn down" camp these days. Nothing would make me happier than to see the entire rotten edifice crumble to the ground. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Pervnado Continues: Several Women Accuse Top Progressive Editor of Sex Harassment [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I am not judging. Just making an observation.

Here’s one for you...

What does fiscal conservatism mean in the US?

Only outspending your revenues by 150%.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pervnado Continues: Several Women Accuse Top Progressive Editor of Sex Harassment [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Here’s one for you...

Lol, the GOP hasn't tried to be fiscally conservative since Gingrich. At least the GOP has Rand. Any Blue Dog Dems left?

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Here’s one for you...

I've bitched about that here before, as well, most recently in one of those tax bill-related threads. We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem. And at heart, neither major political party wants to do a damn thing about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Here’s one for you...

I've bitched about that here before, as well, most recently in one of those tax bill-related threads. We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem. And at heart, neither major political party wants to do a damn thing about it.

Yep, cutting spending isn’t politically popular. Until we get term limits, no politician will act in the nation’s best long term interests if they are counter to their short term interest of getting re-elected.
Quote Reply