Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Florida entry timing?
Quote | Reply
Since they moved Vineman to Spring, I'm looking for a Fall IM. Realistically, how tough to get a spot if I'm at the computer at the opening time? like 50% if I'm on top of it?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida entry timing? [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you even look at the IMFL website? Registration has been open for a month and Tier 1 entries are already sold out. But you have months before General Entry is completely sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida entry timing? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Did you even look at the IMFL website? Registration has been open for a month and Tier 1 entries are already sold out. But you have months before General Entry is completely sold out.
That’s great news. I am thinking 2019, so, no, I didn’t look at the site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you were asking about 2018. For WTC, only IM Arizona and IM Austria are one day sell-outs given the large number of alternatives today. You will have no issues with Florida. Check back and see if they sell out general entry by the end of June or if it takes even longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I thought you were asking about 2018. For WTC, only IM Arizona and IM Austria are one day sell-outs given the large number of alternatives today. You will have no issues with Florida. Check back and see if they sell out general entry by the end of June or if it takes even longer.

Yeah, should have clarified. I’m just back after a few years away. Things have changed. Next year at Vineman 70.3 I won’t even get to walk in the Russian River....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

So a side question: Why does Arizona sell out so fast? Both are about the same time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flat, fast course with typically great weather. Probably thought of a better destination city than PCB

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

So a side question: Why does Arizona sell out so fast? Both are about the same time of year.

IMFL used to sell out blistering fast as well but they went through a few years of sketchy weather that has turned it from instant sell out to it takes a few months.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Arizona is the closest to Southern California which is an incredibly large market, and it's the only IM serving that area in the fall. By contrast, IM Florida competes with IM Maryland, IM Louisville, and IM Chattanooga ... fall races in the Southeast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally makes sense. Being in Nor Cal, I’m on a plane either way. My other option is Cozumel. I really don’t want to invest in a year of prep and have the swim cancelled. Too early to worry about it now. I’m aging up to 50 this Spring, so the 2018 focus is not being old (yet).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. Just my luck to have done IMFL 2014 (swim canx) and IM70.3 Gulf Coast 2017 (swim canx). Those are the only two swim canx I've had in over 30 IM/70.3s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I hear you. Just my luck to have done IMFL 2014 (swim canx) and IM70.3 Gulf Coast 2017 (swim canx). Those are the only two swim canx I've had in over 30 IM/70.3s.
Screw it. Gonna register for Cozumel for 2018. No reason to keep putting shit off... sheep are cautious, wolves go all in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done Coz twice (2012 & 2013)...my families favorite! I might go back some year, but too many others to check off first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Done Coz twice (2012 & 2013)...my families favorite! I might go back some year, but too many others to check off first.

Officially registered. This just got real.... LOL.
Quote Reply