Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MTB time. XC vs Trail? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
tessar wrote:
They are both the same thing: Under-damped springs. A large tyre is a spring and a shock is a spring.

The shock is not the cause of pedal bob in a full suspension bike - it's about linkage design.

IME (N=1), the newer suspensions have all but eliminated this - as long as they are properly tuned/adjusted. With the new Fox RE:aktiv XC on my Top Fuel (and similar from RockShox), I have only had pedal bob on very steep road sections where I can get out of the saddle due to good tire grip. Since I rarely get out of the saddle on the trail, or in races, I have never locked out the front or rear shocks during a race, and have never had pedal bob. These new suspension react well to bumps vs. pedal input. I know some people will say it exists, but most of the XC racers I know rarely lock out their suspensions with these new shocks. Again, the key is to properly maintain and setup both the front and rear.
Quote Reply
Re: MTB time. XC vs Trail? [CrankShaft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankShaft wrote:
the newer suspensions have all but eliminated this
I agree, if we're limiting it to the mid/upper end. It's still there on the lower end.
Quote Reply
Re: MTB time. XC vs Trail? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for your answers - I ordered the 2018 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 today. I'm told that the shocks in it adapt to climbing, etc. pretty well without lockout being required. Picking it up in a few weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: MTB time. XC vs Trail? [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very solid choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Whycycles.com. I have the S7 and was in your shoes a few months ago. The S7 is addicting to ride and a work of art to look at!
Larry
Quote Reply

Prev Next