Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag
Quote | Reply
Someone suggested using some special towel instead of a regular cotton towel, for swim and post workout showers. If i forget my towel in my gym bag for a day, it is basically ruined...along with whatever clothes were left in my bag.

What do you use/recommend? I have started leaving my towel out of my bag....but if there is a solution where I can everything packed away, I would prefer that.
Quote Reply
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look for a diving chamois. You just squeeze it out and roll it up afterwards. It's not great but it'll get the job done if you have limited space or if you're worried about a real towel not drying out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just use a regular towel, and keep it separated from all of your other swim/gym stuff. Hang or lay it out to dry in your car after workouts. I've been doing this for YEARS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Water-Absorbent-Synthetic-Chamois-Car-Clean-Cloth-Towel-No-scratched-for-Car-Window-Mirror-Pink/694058702

Yep, mine's pink too.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always used any type of plain white towel. This way I can bleach them, and they always come out looking and (most importantly) smelling clean. If your washer has a sanitary mode, this works wonders on colored towels that have a funk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used a diving chamois for about 10 years now.
Compact, light, never stinks (antibacterial?).
Squeeze it out, roll it back into it's plastic case and off you go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Someone suggested using some special towel instead of a regular cotton towel, for swim and post workout showers. If i forget my towel in my gym bag for a day, it is basically ruined...along with whatever clothes were left in my bag.

What do you use/recommend? I have started leaving my towel out of my bag....but if there is a solution where I can everything packed away, I would prefer that.

I always use an appropriate;y dized mesh bag / compartment for swimsuit and towel.

This way I also get a visual reminder that the towel needs to be hung up.

I currently use mesh backpacks, as some schools now require those and they are widely available in very 'fetching' colors and designs.
Last edited by: windschatten: Dec 20, 17 23:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
If i forget my towel in my gym bag for a day, it is basically ruined...along with whatever clothes were left in my bag.
Ruined how so?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Felt_Rider [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Dec 21, 17 4:16
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Not sure if it the same, but I forgot a wet towel once. It soured so bad that I could not get the smell out no matter what I used. I had to throw it all out. Even the clothes smelled bad after going through the laundry.
Did this souring happen in one day? If so, wow.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
Felt_Rider wrote:
Not sure if it the same, but I forgot a wet towel once. It soured so bad that I could not get the smell out no matter what I used. I had to throw it all out. Even the clothes smelled bad after going through the laundry.

Yes, Georgia near 100 degrees F with high humidity stuffed in a bag with the windows closed. It doesn't take long for anything wet to get foul. I've seen some coworkers hang gym towels on the outside of the car. For me it is just a few summer months when there is this potential. Conversely it doesn't take too long to dry either if the humidity is down a little.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Dec 21, 17 4:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely go with a swim/dive towel or car chamois. You'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. They can be found fairly cheap at Walmart, Amazon, and Swimoutlet among other places. When they're new they'll actually dry you better than a full size towel. Plus they won't sit wet and heavy in your bag. Just ring them out. I keep one in my car during the summer so my little one doesn't have to play with a wet sandy filled towel at the beach or we can stop by anywhere and get dry real quick. One of the best pieces of non-speed related equipment you can find hands down. Buy one like yesterday.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get it either. Leave my cotton towel in gym bag about half the time. It I hang it to dry the next day and in another day usually good to go. Two days in the gym bag and it needs a wash but it is okay.

jt10000 wrote:
Felt_Rider wrote:

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Dec 21, 17 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I don't get it either. Leave my cotton towel in gym bag about half the time. It I hang it to dry the next day and in another day usually good to go. Two days in the gym bag and it needs a wash but it is okay.

jt10000 wrote:
Felt_Rider wrote:

No way....my towel for the shower at home barely makes it past 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Disgusting Towel In Gym Bag [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkatsoudas wrote:
I've always used any type of plain white towel. This way I can bleach them, and they always come out looking and (most importantly) smelling clean. If your washer has a sanitary mode, this works wonders on colored towels that have a funk.

... and if they do get too funky, I donate them to the local animal shelter

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply