Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Erasing iPhone
Quote | Reply
Have an iPhone 7 from an employee who quit. Trying to erase the whole phone and restore to factory settings. Keeps asking me for his apple id password, which I don't know. Don't have any way to contact the employee. Any other way to erase the phone?
Quote Reply
Re: Erasing iPhone [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. You stole or found an iPhone and you’re now looking for advice on how to crack it. and just before Christmas, so sad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That is probably going to require a trip to an Apple store and will like need some sort of proof of ownership of the phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through this when my sister wanted to give her iPhone to our mom. Short story is the phone is now worthless.

Remember when the FBI wanted Apple to let them into a terrorist's iPhone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Have an iPhone 7 from an employee who quit. Trying to erase the whole phone and restore to factory settings. Keeps asking me for his apple id password, which I don't know. Don't have any way to contact the employee. Any other way to erase the phone?

Apple will unlock the phone for us if we provide proof of purchase. We've done it a few times. It's always a pain in the ass but for an iPhone 7 it's worth it.

If it was a 5 I would just put it away in the server room and forget about it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:

I'm no IT expert, but I'm a little puzzled by the advice above.

Check here:
https://www.imyfone.com/...t-apple-id-password/

Also, if it's a company phone, presumably you have proof of ownership. Maybe take to an Apple store and inquire along with your proof of ownership.
Quote Reply
Re: Erasing iPhone [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just talked to Verizon, our account is with them. They have to get me the proof of purchase then I can go to Apple and have them unlock it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've done it w/ 2 different iPhones, an iPad, and a MacBook when they were handed down to the kids... Not ourselves, but took them to a store (AT&T store for the phones, Mac store for the iPad & laptop). Dunno what it took, other than charging us a modest fee for whatever they did. Couldn't have been that difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: Erasing iPhone [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meant to point out we didn't have the original passwords because either they were recovered from a deceased relative, or I'd disabled them myself to keep the kid from fucking with it first and then couldn't remember how to hack back in (cue *wah wah wah...* like a dumbass)
Quote Reply