Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
wimsey wrote:
<<Why not show off / get caught over something that's actually interesting for them to study, like a big populated area? >>

How do you know what would be interesting for an alien life form to study on Earth?

Well because we have decided that we are intelligent and interesting of course. One of the best comments I’ve heard on this is from Neil De Grasse Tyson. Paraphrasing, we have about a 1 percent difference in DNA from chimps and that gives us the ability to build rocket ships vs using sticks as tools. So what if there is a species that had 1 percent difference the same from us or 2 percent whatever it may be. We’d be complete morons and would be no more interesting than studying ants. They’d have no reason to reach out to us.

But surely there is a ceiling effect. I would think we are, relatively speaking, near that ceiling such that the difference between us and aliens isn't going to be nearly as great as between chimps and us. Chimps essentially don't know any more about the fundamental workings of the Universe than a worm or I dare say, a bacteria. I'm not saying there isn't a lot more for us to learn, but we at least understand a lot of fundamental stuff now in regards to physics, chemistry, biology, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
wimsey wrote:
<<Why not show off / get caught over something that's actually interesting for them to study, like a big populated area? >>

How do you know what would be interesting for an alien life form to study on Earth?

Well because we have decided that we are intelligent and interesting of course. One of the best comments I’ve heard on this is from Neil De Grasse Tyson. Paraphrasing, we have about a 1 percent difference in DNA from chimps and that gives us the ability to build rocket ships vs using sticks as tools. So what if there is a species that had 1 percent difference the same from us or 2 percent whatever it may be. We’d be complete morons and would be no more interesting than studying ants. They’d have no reason to reach out to us.

Right. Or what if they are a species that doesn't have DNA. Or is only interested in liquids like water, or in mineral deposits residing under oceans. Or maybe they don't 'see' in the same wavelength spectrum that humans do, and so perhaps they don't even see us. And so on.

You'd think they'd have the technology to figure out we are here based on chemistry and energy profiles if nothing else. We are going to discover life on some distance planet in the near future and it's going to because of the tell-tale chemical profiles it leaves, and we are going to see it from light years away.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
wimsey wrote:

But surely there is a ceiling effect. I would think we are, relatively speaking, near that ceiling such that the difference between us and aliens isn't going to be nearly as great as between chimps and us. Chimps essentially don't know any more about the fundamental workings of the Universe than a worm or I dare say, a bacteria. I'm not saying there isn't a lot more for us to learn, but we at least understand a lot of fundamental stuff now in regards to physics, chemistry, biology, etc.

Why would there be a ceiling? There is nothing that says that we have reached some biological limit of intelligence.

It isn’t about learning its about a fundamental difference in biology that allows for everything to be easier. Aka, a 6 year old can do PhD level math because their brains are wired that way. From science fiction, the Vulcans would be a main example.

This pure fact that we feel like we are in some way superior is a human construct. There are animals that live longer, that can live in worse conditions etc. we happen to have a more developed brain for complex thinking. But there is nothing saying a more advanced race isn’t exponentially more intelligent.

I would even say it’s probabaly a requirement. The ability to travel to stars may require a fundamental difference in brain development that allows the civilization to conceptualize a different way to travel to the stars that humans will never be able to figure out. It may be an evolutionary branch from homo Sapians that has to happen in the future for us to be able to learn this.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
wimsey wrote:

Why would there be a ceiling? There is nothing that says that we have reached some biological limit of intelligence.

It isn’t about learning its about a fundamental difference in biology that allows for everything to be easier. Aka, a 6 year old can do PhD level math because their brains are wired that way. From science fiction, the Vulcans would be a main example.

This pure fact that we feel like we are in some way superior is a human construct. There are animals that live longer, that can live in worse conditions etc. we happen to have a more developed brain for complex thinking. But there is nothing saying a more advanced race isn’t exponentially more intelligent.

I would even say it’s probabaly a requirement. The ability to travel to stars may require a fundamental difference in brain development that allows the civilization to conceptualize a different way to travel to the stars that humans will never be able to figure out. It may be an evolutionary branch from homo Sapians that has to happen in the future for us to be able to learn this.

The ceiling i was referring to is there is only so much to discover, and we seem to be well on our path of discovery. I wasn't referring to a ceiling on intelligence.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really it’s one in the same. For instance, let’s assume m-theory is correct. Even if it is correct we have a remarkably difficult, if not impossible, problem of being able to visualize other dimensions. Another, civilization may be able to easily visualize this which gives them extra understanding that we could never learn or comprehend, due to not being able visualize other dimensions.

Also, as we learn more the amount we don’t know expands because new learning generally leads to more questions because the base knowledge is greater.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydro wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Although I believe there are other civilizations in the universe. It’s hard to believe any sightings are actually an Alien UFO.

The technology to travel those distances is so advanced that it would be hard pressed for them to make it all the way here in a ship have, us not notice it entering our atmosphere and but then show itself randomly for a few seconds and then be gone.

Maybe they’re just messing with us, but I’m
Pretty skeptical on the actual visits here.

Agree with all of this.

That F-18 video is certainly interesting, but if these are aliens, why are they allowing themselves to be noticed with all that crazy-ass maneuvering out over the quiet uninteresting dead space off over the ocean?

Why not show off / get caught over something that's actually interesting for them to study, like a big populated area?

The combination of an unknown aerospace vehicle performing in an unprecedented manner in airspace that otherwise gets little/no attention all reeks of a secret DoD project, not aliens.

Well, I finally got around to reading this thread. What I find interesting is that everyone responding seems to be either accepting of the events as described, or at least open-minded enough to consider them possible. I didn't read any 'nope, fake' or 'swamp gas' or 'sorry don't believe it' or similar dismissive responses. Does this imply that we, perhaps as a society, are becoming more amenable to the idea of alien life forms actually visiting Earth?

It seems likely to me that other life forms exist in the universe. As for UFOs visiting Earth, up until this last weekend, my attitude has been "Yeah, right. Show me proof."

On his October 5 podcast, Joe Rogan talked to Commander Fravor - one of the F-18 pilots who observed the 2004 'Tic Toc' object. Fascinating. (Jeremy Corbell was also on the podcast, which IMO was a mistake, since he sounded like a loon.) His story seemed credible, was witnessed by other F-18 aircrews on scene, and has since been confirmed by the Navy. Not quite as compelling as having a ship parked over your city (eg District 9), but strong none the less.

Anyone else listen to the Rogan podcast? What did you think?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure thing... Aliens, absolutely.

First things first. Why do we continually put human attributes to everything? They have to have carbon, nitrogen and oxygen. Why? That's what we need, why do we even consider that a life form from another place would need those things? We have elements on this planet that may not even be on others, and visa versa.

For the human race to think that the only form another life form can be in is earthlike is just plain stupid. So why would they travel "80 billion light years" to just fly around Arizona or some other desolate area? Mind boggling. Only farmer john can meet them. Yup, perfect.

Oy!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find Fravor convincing. Corbell takes away from the authenticity, Fravor would do well to keep him at arm's length.

Fascinating stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Hydro wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Although I believe there are other civilizations in the universe. It’s hard to believe any sightings are actually an Alien UFO.

The technology to travel those distances is so advanced that it would be hard pressed for them to make it all the way here in a ship have, us not notice it entering our atmosphere and but then show itself randomly for a few seconds and then be gone.

Agree with all of this.

That F-18 video is certainly interesting, but if these are aliens, why are they allowing themselves to be noticed with all that crazy-ass maneuvering out over the quiet uninteresting dead space off over the ocean?

Why not show off / get caught over something that's actually interesting for them to study, like a big populated area?

The combination of an unknown aerospace vehicle performing in an unprecedented manner in airspace that otherwise gets little/no attention all reeks of a secret DoD project, not aliens.

Well, I finally got around to reading this thread. What I find interesting is that everyone responding seems to be either accepting of the events as described, or at least open-minded enough to consider them possible. I didn't read any 'nope, fake' or 'swamp gas' or 'sorry don't believe it' or similar dismissive responses. Does this imply that we, perhaps as a society, are becoming more amenable to the idea of alien life forms actually visiting Earth?

It seems likely to me that other life forms exist in the universe. As for UFOs visiting Earth, up until this last weekend, my attitude has been "Yeah, right. Show me proof."

On his October 5 podcast, Joe Rogan talked to Commander Fravor - one of the F-18 pilots who observed the 2004 'Tic Toc' object. Fascinating. (Jeremy Corbell was also on the podcast, which IMO was a mistake, since he sounded like a loon.) His story seemed credible, was witnessed by other F-18 aircrews on scene, and has since been confirmed by the Navy. Not quite as compelling as having a ship parked over your city (eg District 9), but strong none the less.

I don't think we are becoming more open minded or more amenable to Aliens visiting us, it's a case of the two(?) "tic tac" sightings were confirmed by multiple credible sources (Navy pilots) as well as the Government, plus obviously the radar and thermal imagery. Typically a UFI sighting is reported by some drunk farmer in bum Fuck Idaho.

So what are they and where do they come from? I'm naturally sceptical and have doubted the existence of UFOs and alien life form, there just hasn't been any credible witnesses, information, footage etc until now. I'm inclined to believe they are something man has created, but the speed and gravity defying way in which they moved just seems beyond anything we could create. Why would a country with this technology spend billions on other technology that would seem archaic in comparison? And if it has been developed by us, the technology has been kept secret, why then operate in full view of the US Navy? It's either secret or it isn't?

The only thing I can think of is that it's some kind of unmanned drone, implemented as part of the naval exercise and kept quiet from the Naval commanders. Or a virtual vehicle that appeared as something physical on radar and to the pilots, but was in fact a virtual image. And was being used as part of the exercise to test the radar operators, pilots etc

Getting far fetched here, but look at the technological advances we've made in 100 years. 100 years ago if you wanted to travel from England to Australia it would take you 12 weeks in a ship. Now we are on the cusp of being able to fly there in 2 - 3 hours. Imagine 200 years from now, god knows what we will be doing and what the technology would be. Time travel seems pretty out there, but what if those Tic Tac UFOS are us from the future? Time travel (AFAIK) is possible in theory, we just don't have the ability at this moment in time.
Last edited by: zedzded: Nov 22, 20 17:45
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that it's some kind of unmanned drone, implemented as part of the naval exercise and kept quiet from the Naval commanders. Or a virtual vehicle that appeared as something physical on radar and to the pilots, but was in fact a virtual image. And was being used as part of the exercise to test the radar operators, pilots etc

Still think it is another country spoofing the US Navy's sensors for intelligence gathering reasons. You simulate different radar cross sections and different speeds to see how sensitive the plane radars are and what they may filter out as noise. Same thing with spoofing infrared search and track systems, see how sensitive and how the system works. Much easier for a foreign power to do over the ocean where you can have subs etc, than trying to do it when they are training over land.

We know the US has done similar things in the past to quantify the capabilities of the USSR early warning radar. It makes lots of sense to do, but some of these instances would be very technically challenging.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Show me proof or it doesn’t exist. Equally as probably there is an all knowing god exists.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Still think it is another country spoofing the US Navy's sensors for intelligence gathering reasons. You simulate different radar cross sections and different speeds to see how sensitive the plane radars are and what they may filter out as noise. Same thing with spoofing infrared search and track systems, see how sensitive and how the system works. Much easier for a foreign power to do over the ocean where you can have subs etc, than trying to do it when they are training over land.

We know the US has done similar things in the past to quantify the capabilities of the USSR early warning radar. It makes lots of sense to do, but some of these instances would be very technically challenging.

Possibly. I think the thing that is difficult for me to get my head around is the size of the vehicle and the way in which it moved. Sea level to 50'000 feet in a few seconds. Perhaps if it was something that moved extremely quickly, but say"only" 2 - 3 times the speed of a military jet it could be human, but this craft was moving at 30'000 km/hr. And that was 16 years ago.

IMO it either didn't exist i.e was virtually generated, a projected image or it was from a different civilization or the future. If it was designed by a certain country, why haven't they released this technological breakthrough, why are they continuing to spend billions on archaic technology when they have this highly advanced technology? And you would assume if they had no plans on revealing this technology they would want to keep it highly classified rather than flying around in broad daylight during a naval exercise.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Except that multiple F18 aircrews visually observed the same event. Is there a covert visual/holographic projection system large enough to cover hundreds of square/cubic miles?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UFO [Unidentified Flying Object] is outdated, as far as official reports go

They're using UAP now - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That being said ... Sightings are up this year

https://www.fox9.com/...ghtings-up-this-year

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that it's some kind of unmanned drone, implemented as part of the naval exercise and kept quiet from the Naval commanders.

Yes, given that travel across pretty the big interstellar distances is, to put it mildly, very challenging for living creatures, what if the the tic tacs are not aliens, but are instead alien robotic AI-governed drones?

(Random question, but why did this thread come back to the 1st page?)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
ttocsmi wrote:
Hydro wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

Agree with all of this.

I don't think we are becoming more open minded or more amenable to Aliens visiting us, it's a case of the two(?) "tic tac" sightings were confirmed by multiple credible sources (Navy pilots) as well as the Government, plus obviously the radar and thermal imagery. Typically a UFI sighting is reported by some drunk farmer in bum Fuck Idaho.

So what are they and where do they come from? I'm naturally sceptical and have doubted the existence of UFOs and alien life form, there just hasn't been any credible witnesses, information, footage etc until now. I'm inclined to believe they are something man has created, but the speed and gravity defying way in which they moved just seems beyond anything we could create. Why would a country with this technology spend billions on other technology that would seem archaic in comparison? And if it has been developed by us, the technology has been kept secret, why then operate in full view of the US Navy? It's either secret or it isn't?

Getting far fetched here, but look at the technological advances we've made in 100 years. 100 years ago if you wanted to travel from England to Australia it would take you 12 weeks in a ship. Now we are on the cusp of being able to fly there in 2 - 3 hours. Imagine 200 years from now, god knows what we will be doing and what the technology would be. Time travel seems pretty out there, but what if those Tic Tac UFOS are us from the future? Time travel (AFAIK) is possible in theory, we just don't have the ability at this moment in time.[/quote]

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Tracking these DOD UFO Revelations? [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HomerJSimpson wrote:
Show me proof or it doesn’t exist. Equally as probably there is an all knowing god exists.

Interestingly enough, the Fermi Paradox in that there should be so so so many traces of life out there.........but the more we look we still don't find.......lends some credibility to that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next