Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

White House petitions
Quote | Reply
Shutting down this site doesn't tickle my outrage meter in the least; however, I wish the administration would just be honest and say they think its stupid and a waste of tax payer money (or their own time). Don't promise to post a better site "next year" and starting providing responses now that its been almost a whole year since you took office and haven't answered a single one.

My money is on never seeing such an interface again.
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
Shutting down this site doesn't tickle my outrage meter in the least; however, I wish the administration would just be honest and say they think its stupid and a waste of tax payer money (or their own time). Don't promise to post a better site "next year" and starting providing responses now that its been almost a whole year since you took office and haven't answered a single one.

Maybe I'm cynical, but I look at it more like "turning off the comment function". i.e. we don't like giving you the ability to criticize us in public.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't you dare criticize the Donald.:

"The Trump administration said the platform, used extensively by critics and less frequently by allies, will be removed "
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

Maybe I'm cynical, but I look at it more like "turning off the comment function". i.e. we don't like giving you the ability to criticize us in public.

Yeah, I mean there really haven’t been many outlets to criticize Trump without this website.... CNN, Facebook, Twitter, nbc, abc, slowtwitch...
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

Yeah, I mean there really haven’t been many outlets to criticize Trump without this website.... CNN, Facebook, Twitter, nbc, abc, slowtwitch...

But he does have Fox News to praise him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

There are plenty of outlets to criticize the President. A better option would be for Congress to have the petition since, you know, laws start there. Or just call your Congressman. This petition thing has been, is, and always shall be hokey.
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

There are plenty of outlets to criticize the President. A better option would be for Congress to have the petition since, you know, laws start there. Or just call your Congressman. This petition thing has been, is, and always shall be hokey.

No matter what else is true about this story, THIS definitely is the case.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

Three points in rebuttal.

1. The White House Petition site is the only site that Trump has the capability to shut down on his own.
2. The White House Petition site is the only one that essentially goes directly to the president.
3. I'll bet that it that site was full of petitions that were supportive of Trump that it wouldn't be getting shut down.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

No matter what else is true about this story, THIS definitely is the case.

Not to mention the price. Not that $1.3M is a great deal of money but it is a great deal of money to run a petition web site. And all for a lot of media nothingness.
Quote Reply
Re: White House petitions [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could run it for $800k.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:

Three points in rebuttal.

1. The White House Petition site is the only site that Trump has the capability to shut down on his own.
2. The White House Petition site is the only one that essentially goes directly to the president.
3. I'll bet that it that site was full of petitions that were supportive of Trump that it wouldn't be getting shut down.

1) Sure
2) LMAO
3) maybe
Quote Reply