Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost
Quote | Reply
Now take your damn hands off our hockey team. After years of misery and embarassment, the NY Islanders are are staying put and moving out of the dumpster fire in Brooklyn (dumpster fire at least as far as hockey games are concerned) and into a brand new, SELF FUNDED 18,000 seat hockey arena back on Long Island (ok 10% of the parcel is in Queens).

Wo freakin hoooooo

https://www.newsday.com/...mont-park-1.15519161
Last edited by: Sshoreli: Dec 19, 17 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [Sshoreli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sshoreli wrote:
Now take your damn hands off our hockey team. After years of misery and embarassment, the NY Islanders are are staying put and moving out of the dumpster fire in Brooklyn (dumpster fire at least as far as hockey games are concerned) and into a brand new, SELF FUNDED 18,00 seat hockey arena back on Long Island (ok 10% of the parcel is in Queens).

Wo freakin hoooooo

who?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait... are you trying to say that the New York Islanders are still a hockey team? I am pretty sure the team folded in the late 80s.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Wait... are you trying to say that the New York Islanders are still a hockey team? I am pretty sure the team folded in the late 80s.

You may want to be careful making fun of the Islanders being a Leaf fan and all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sshoreli wrote:
Now take your damn hands off our hockey team. After years of misery and embarassment, the NY Islanders are are staying put and moving out of the dumpster fire in Brooklyn (dumpster fire at least as far as hockey games are concerned) and into a brand new, SELF FUNDED 18,00 seat hockey arena back on Long Island (ok 10% of the parcel is in Queens).

Wo freakin hoooooo

And hopefully you can sell out all 1800 seats. 18,000 would be even better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

The Leafs are just getting started. Don't worry, they'll finish out the season like they usually do :-P

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

In all seriousness, until they win a cup, nothing else matters. And considering what the Islanders did in the 80s, I REALLY wouldn't be making fun of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

In all seriousness, until they win a cup, nothing else matters. And considering what the Islanders did in the 80s, I REALLY wouldn't be making fun of them.

The 80s. And did you see what the Leafs did in the 60s? How far back do you want to go? The sad reality is that both teams have sucked hard for a long time.

As an aside, I love when Habs fans start chirping.

1993 was also a long time ago.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

The 80s. And did you see what the Leafs did in the 60s? How far back do you want to go? The sad reality is that both teams have sucked hard for a long time.

Yeah, but I was alive in '93. In '67 my parents hadn't even met....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
M~ wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Look at the standings.

Just gonna leave this here:

TeamLast appearance
in Stanley Cup FinalSubsequent Conference
Final lossesStanley Cup
Final droughtToronto Maple Leafs1966–675: 1977–78, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1998–99, 2001–0249 seasonsSt. Louis Blues1969–704: 1971–72, 1985–86, 2000–01, 2015–1646 seasonsArizona Coyotesnever (franchise entered the NHL in 1979–80)1: 2011–1237 seasons1New York Islanders1983–841: 1992–9332 seasonsMontreal Canadiens1992–932: 2009–10, 2013–1423 seasonsFlorida Panthers1995–9620 seasonsWashington Capitals1997–9818 seasonsWinnipeg Jetsnever (inception of franchise in 1999–2000)17 seasons2Buffalo Sabres1998–992: 2005–06, 2006–0717 seasonsColumbus Blue Jacketsnever (inception of franchise in 2000–01)16 seasonsDallas Stars1999–20001: 2007–0816 seasonsMinnesota Wildnever (inception of franchise in 2000–01)1: 2002–0316 seasonsColorado Avalanche2000–011: 2001–0215 seasonsCalgary Flames2003–0412 seasonsDetroit Red Wings2008–098 seasonsPhiladelphia Flyers2009–107 seasonsVancouver Canucks2010–116 seasonsNew Jersey Devils2011–125 seasonsBoston Bruins2012–134 seasonsLos Angeles Kings2013–143 seasonsNew York Rangers2013–141: 2014–153 seasonChicago Blackhawks2014–152 seasonTampa Bay Lightning2014–151: 2015–162 seasonCarolina Hurricanes2005–061: 2008–0911 seasonsEdmonton Oilers2005–0611 seasonsAnaheim Ducks2006–072: 2014–15, 2016–1710 seasonsOttawa Senators2006–071: 2016–1710 seasonsSan Jose Sharks2015–161 season
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, someone has to have the longest drought. Soon it will be St. Louis.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Yeah, someone has to have the longest drought. Soon it will be St. Louis.

I'm really excited!! We can celebrate their golden anniversary this year!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Ahhh, Billy Smith and Pat Lafontaine and a universe of other greats! But you're right. I thought it folded, too. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leafs just won 8-1. Thought you might want to know.

Without Matthews.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All this talk about dates and history got me thinking. How long has it been since a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup? Wow, I really had to look down on the list of winners to find a Canadian team winning it. It's been a really long time!

USA!! USA!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Leafs just won 8-1. Thought you might want to know.

Without Matthews.

And again.....

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6515252#p6515252

I realize being a Leaf fan for so long has the same affect on a persons brain as crack but I really thought you were smarter than this...
Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
Sshoreli wrote:

Wo freakin hoooooo

And hopefully you can sell out all 1800 seats
. 18,000 would be even better.

Finally a hockey team with realistic expectations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Osgood play for the Islanders for a year or two? That's about the only thing I know about that team.

Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
All this talk about dates and history got me thinking. How long has it been since a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup? Wow, I really had to look down on the list of winners to find a Canadian team winning it. It's been a really long time!

USA!! USA!!!

They're all Canadian teams. They just live in the States.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
zed707 wrote:

USA!! USA!!!

I'm sure you know that is a huge oversimplification. All NHL teams are international. Just as an example, Pittsburgh won the last couple of Cups and the 2016-2017 roster had about as many Americans as Canadians on the team.

It still doesn't explain the very long US domination of the Stanley Cup. The Canadians used to win it all the time, now not so much.

And it's hard to argue market size, we're talking about Pittsburgh here--not exactly Toronto.

Anyway, I hope the Cup makes it's way back above the border sometime.
Quote Reply
Re: KC, Quebec, Houston, and Seattle You Lost [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
zed707 wrote:

USA!! USA!!!

True dat. We worship Steve Yzerman and Gordie Howe around here and the new bridge to Canada that's going to be built (if that A-hole Matty Maroun doesn't get his way ;-) will be named after Howe. Where were Stevie Y. and Gordie Howe born? That's right. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a fan-tastic sports story. Good for you!

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply