Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign
Quote | Reply
Personally, I think many of the calls in the Senate for Al Franken to resign were just window dressing for the then-upcoming Alabama US Senate election, to give a clearer attack point against Alabama Crazy Man. After all, how could you argue that that guy shouldn't be a senator if some your own guys were proving to be cretinous lechers as well?

At any rate, looks like we're now in the advanced preparatory phase of the Franken un-resignation (given that he only said he'd resign "in the coming weeks"). West Virginia's Joe Manchin is now saying the Minnesota Man shouldn't resign. Vermont's Pat Leahy has also now rescinded his call for Franken's resignation. The count is up to four, at least.

Leahy: "I think we acted prematurely, before we had all the facts... In retrospect, I think we acted too fast."

At heart, the US Senate is nothing but an old-boy club. Once you're a member, you become one of the Uniparty, and the Uniparty always looks out for its own. ;-)

Four senators urge Franken to reconsider resignation: report | TheHill

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I’ve been saying all along that he never actually resigned.

He just said he was going to at some later date (like when he decides not to run for re-election?).

BTW, I don’t think he should resign.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Dec 18, 17 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Leahy: "I think we acted prematurely, before we had all the facts... In retrospect, I think we acted too fast."
So I wonder what all those "Facts" were?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SHHHOOOCKING!!! not really
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

So I wonder what all those "Facts" were?

The fact that their plan to get Trump out by taking the “moral high ground” (sacrificing Franken) on sex harassment just wasn’t working so Franken said, “fuck this I’m staying.”

;)

What’s funny is that I heard Franken’s speech live on the radio and when he was resigning “in the coming weeks” my very first thought was, “he’s not going to quit.”

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta say - you called it in a previous thread.
Last edited by: JD21: Dec 18, 17 21:11
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The man is a liberal idiot.

But I agree with you.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

The man is a liberal idiot.

Which makes him a hero, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, at least it's not Al Franken's tongue: ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or maybe you don't have a clue.

Sen. Al Franken will officially resign from the Senate on Jan. 2, the Minnesota Democrat's office confirmed Wednesday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...ill-be-jan-2-n831591

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Sen. Al Franken will officially resign from the Senate on Jan. 2, the Minnesota Democrat's office confirmed Wednesday.

That can’t be true. Duffy is never wrong.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will admit (and maybe said it here) that I didn't think he was going to resign. I thought he was buying time to get past the Alabama election, and once the Dem won it - he figured he could weather staying in office. Add that to the news about other senators calling for him to not resign - I figured the writing was on the wall.
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

-
In fairness, it became harder for Al (pun intended) when a woman was named as a replacement. One less penis in congress! Of course Franken is the kind of dick that could win with with the progressive left, so this is a great time to let things settle and start work toward a presidential run.
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

Let's wait and see where we are on January 3.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Four Senators Now Calling on Al Franken to Un-Resign [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

Would you like to place a wager?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Crank wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

Would you like to place a wager?

Nope. These days I'm just not going to gloat or take comfort in anything until a thing has actually happened.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

He’s still a senator.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
j p o wrote:

I think he was replying to me, not Mr. Duffy.

As to his intent to resign. I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

Quote Reply