Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installing di2 on non-di2 frame.... (Argon 18 Mercury)
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

A friend is looking to install di2 onto an Argon 18 Mercury. Think the model is 3 or 4 years old, not drilled for di2. Its an aluminum frame.

Would you try to drill the frame?

They will be getting the 4 shifters (extensions, and brake levers), so I guess I need the 5 port box, and 1 wire will go from that to the external junction under the bottom bracket, yes? Any creative way of hiding the cable? Any other tips?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Installing di2 on non-di2 frame.... (Argon 18 Mercury) [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tape the wires to the exterior of the frame. Do not drill.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing di2 on non-di2 frame.... (Argon 18 Mercury) [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Jim said, I wouldn't drill the frame. Shimano do a specific external junction box which attaches in place of the BB cable guide.

The 5-port is the obvious choice to connect 2+ shifters but you can do this with a 3-port and another internal junction box to connect two additional shifters to the 3-port and rest of the system. I'll be doing this to add the 9150 climbing switches to my brake leavers (using synchroshift). You can pick-up 3-port junctions really cheap on ebay.

You'll probably be needing the long external battery mount which uses the bottle cage bosses too.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing di2 on non-di2 frame.... (Argon 18 Mercury) [Stevie_A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie_A wrote:

You'll probably be needing the long external battery mount which uses the bottle cage bosses too.

I was thinking having them order the shorter version, as the frame size is XS. Am I wrong there?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe so as I think the battery bolt holes are spaced differently to the bottle cage bolt holes - the battery ones are narrower.

Although you could try one of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...w||pmt||prd|117127UK

(If you go for the newer BM-DN100 mount and get the Bluetooth unit you can run synchroshift and manage the firmware using the phone app)
Quote Reply