Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You have to use the knob... [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Mine has the power logo in the middle, but the dial rotates separately from the button in the middle so the power logo is always the right way up. You need to buy a new car....

My OCD in my car goes well beyond the power knob - driver's position, mirrors, sound settings, aircon, I don't like anybody messing with any of it. I think it's partly that my car is the only space in my life which is unequivocally mine (garage sort of is but also gets used as a dumping ground for clutter from the house), and partly that my wife is a technophilistine who randomly jabs at buttons. She can't just adjust the drivers seat, she manages to reprogram my saved seat position. She can't just turn the aircon up or down a couple of degrees, she has to override the Auto settings and have it so one side of the car has the fan on full heat and the other side has max cooling. She accidentally reprograms the clock, my saved radio stations, adjusts the balance and the fader, you name it she manages to change it. Luckily she hates driving my current car almost as much as I hate her driving it, so it doesn't crop up very often these days.

Ah, so you are my wife's second husband. Nice to finally meet you!

Shitty thing is she loves my car and tries to take it every chance she gets, like this morning.
Quote Reply

Prev Next