Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Black truck suit (Roka)
Quote | Reply
Thinking about getting a sleeved trisuit next year and the Roka one has piqued my interest primarily because of sizing (the only brand that I am aware of that does tall sizes; I am just under 6'3'' and 165lbs).

But the suit is black..

What is the collective ST wisdom on dark / black tri suits , and if possible, Roka specific experience.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Black truck suit (Roka) [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejd_mil wrote:
Thinking about getting a sleeved trisuit next year and the Roka one has piqued my interest primarily because of sizing (the only brand that I am aware of that does tall sizes; I am just under 6'3'' and 165lbs).

But the suit is black..

What is the collective ST wisdom on dark / black tri suits , and if possible, Roka specific experience.

Thanks in advance

I've got a black sleeved Ventou trisuit, love it, but raced a a few weeks ago in 105F heat and I was cooking. I'm going to keep it, but get an alternative colour for uber hot days.
Quote Reply
Re: Black truck suit (Roka) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Pearl Izumi two piece tri suits and found them to be alot cooler compared to the tyr one I used to own. I would actually start the bike section feeling a little cold. I can't recommend their short sleeve tri suit but I think that they might be worth a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Roka black Gen 2 suit and I raced with it at Ironman Chattanooga and never overheated. I stayed cool the entire time.

I also have the black gen 1 suit and races 70.3 Raleigh which is very hot and I never had any heat issues from the suit.

Roka also has the white version.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 17, 17 18:16
Quote Reply
Re: Black truck suit (Roka) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Noticed that Gen2 has a white front (chest area), but the back is grey... Was also concerned about the darkish color in the rear retaining more heat than white...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The black suits are treated with Cold Black technology which reduces the fabrics ability to retain heat. You’ll be fine with either choice

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced with the black/white/grey suit for IMAZ this year and had no issues overheating. It was warmer than normal this year for the race. I also saw about five others wearing the all black version of the same suit. I think you will be fine. I like you require a tall version and ordered the medium tall. Fits great as I stand six foot and weigh 160.
Quote Reply