Quote | Reply
Next

http://www.foxnews.com/...ent-report-says.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a douche, but seriously, this is what gets headlines now?

Quote:
The woman complained to executives that Matthews, now 71, had made inappropriate comments to her and made inappropriate jokes about her to others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As is Gene Simmons who, like Tavis Smiley is fighting back.
https://www.billboard.com/...xual-battery-lawsuit

Quote | Reply
If making inappropriate jokes about other people is now considered harassment, then there is lots of guilty people right here in the LR.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2HaveFun wrote:
If making inappropriate jokes about other people is now considered harassment, then there is lots of guilty people right here in the LR.

Half of the shit that comes out of my mouth is an inappropriate joke. I will never get sued for it though. You know why? Because I never apologize for offending people.

If I offend you that’s on you. It’s not my fault.

The lesson from all this shit is never act in a way that you feel you’d ever have to apologize for and then NEVER apologize for what you’ve done.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Quote:
The woman complained to executives that Matthews, now 71, had made inappropriate comments to her and made inappropriate jokes about her to others.

none of these harassment issues became important until the dem's made them important. dont get me wrong, they all need to be dealt with, i dont care your party affiliate, race, region, sex, whatever. but i dont think the left expected so many from the left to be the perps. harassment issues should be dealt with no question about that. wrt matthews, it was dealt with, the prob is when he goes out and calls out people for exhibiting the same behavior he's guilty of all the while feigning a position of higher morality. which i think a lot of people in power are guilty of.

gene simmons, i cant believe he hasn't been accused of harassment, let alone rape, until now. he admits (claims???) he's bagged thousands of women, any one of whom could easily make a harassment claim be it in earnest or not.

i dont know enough about tavis to say either way, but if he has a position of power, he's prob guilty.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone on the right, I forget who it is, observed back in 2016 that the left wasn't going to like living under the rules that it had established over the last 8 years. I think we are starting to see the effects of that now.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#metoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So basically, all the people on the TV going on about “have you no decency, sir?” are predators and pervs. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that's the bar I'm screwed.
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

So basically, all the people on the TV going on about “have you no decency, sir?” are predators and pervs. ;-)

we'll...if the shoe fits.
;-)

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
windywave wrote:

Quote:

none of these harassment issues became important until the dem's made them important. dont get me wrong, they all need to be dealt with, i dont care your party affiliate, race, region, sex, whatever. but i dont think the left expected so many from the left to be the perps. harassment issues should be dealt with no question about that. wrt matthews, it was dealt with, the prob is when he goes out and calls out people for exhibiting the same behavior he's guilty of all the while feigning a position of higher morality. which i think a lot of people in power are guilty of.

gene simmons, i cant believe he hasn't been accused of harassment, let alone rape, until now. he admits (claims???) he's bagged thousands of women, any one of whom could easily make a harassment claim be it in earnest or not.

i dont know enough about tavis to say either way, but if he has a position of power, he's prob guilty.

What the hell did dems have to do with Harvey Weinstein raping women??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However, in the workplace, it is sexual harassment. That's what we're down to, which was discussed at length in a previous thread - conflating rape and sexual assault (see 'Weinstein', et al) with sexual innuendo in the workplace. The presumption of guilt rules and allegations are sufficient to ruin one's career regardless of how effective the defense might be.

Welcome to corporate America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting article about #metoo.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/...06/the-warlock-hunt/

"All true; yet something is troubling me. Recently I saw a friend—a man—pilloried on Facebook for asking if #metoo is going too far. “No,” said his female interlocutors. “Women have endured far too many years of harassment, humiliation, and injustice. We’ll tell you when it’s gone too far.” But I’m part of that “we,” and I say it is going too far. Mass hysteria has set in. It has become a classic moral panic, one that is ultimately as dangerous to women as to men."

"From the Salem Witch trials to the present, moral panics have followed the same pattern. Stanley Cohen’s Folk Devils and Moral Panics remains the classic study. To read it is to appreciate that we are seeing something familiar here. The media has identified a folk devil, which it presents in a stereotyped way, exaggerating the scale of the problem. The “moral entrepreneurs,” as Cohen terms them—editors, politicians, key arbiters of respectability—have begun competing to out-do each other in decrying the folk devil. The folk devil symbolizes a real problem. But so vilified has the scapegoat become, in popular imagination, that rational discussion of the real problem is no longer possible."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Obama was the only one that could send a tingle down his leg?
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A tingle too far. (Sorry to Monty, no the other Monty, Monty)
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:
Madduck wrote:
windywave wrote:

Quote:

You're seriously not aware how much he contributed to the DNC and how good of friends he was with the Clinton's?

Maybe I've missed some of the news but has Weinstein been accused of rape?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, something that was not really news in 1999 is now news today?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
saltman wrote:
Madduck wrote:
windywave wrote:

Quote:

You're seriously not aware how much he contributed to the DNC and how good of friends he was with the Clinton's?

Maybe I've missed some of the news but has Weinstein been accused of rape?

See Rose McGowan...
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you missed a lot of news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:

So have you. Like how the dems who were receiving big campaign donations from him kept their mouths shut even though his behavior was common knowledge.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Chris Matthews...you're up [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I haven’t missed any of it. It isnt a partisan issue. You dipshits are trying to speak out of both sides of your mouths.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It isnt a partisan issue.

That is true.

However, it affects one party in this case more than the other. Not knocking the democrats as every human institution has corruption and flaws. Today the democrats and tomorrow (or yesterday, Hastert) the republicans. However, the democrats will be politically weakened until they admit their Weinstein/Clinton folly. Al Franken won't atone for that.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:

Maybe you overlooked this question I asked in my original post?

"You're seriously not aware how much he contributed to the DNC and how good of friends he was with the Clinton's? "

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply