Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Upper middle class get the shaft (again) [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the question comes down to how much growth are we going to get versus how much will the deficit rise?

I don't get too worked up about the equality spin put out on all this. It's only logical that tax cuts will primarily help those getting taxed. Nevertheless, I'm not totally against some progressive tax ideas. If it were me, I think I would have gotten rid of more deductions, added another income bracket at the top (after the $500k or $600k top bracket), and not have increased the death tax exemption.
Quote Reply
Re: Upper middle class get the shaft (again) [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
My beef with the last post is taking a singular family and starting they now have to pay more when the vast majority are not going to have to pay more.

the vast majority are not going to have to pay more for a few years. Then the breaks for most people expire while the ones for the rich and corporations go on forever.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Upper middle class get the shaft (again) [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

My beef with the last post is taking a singular family and starting they now have to pay more when the vast majority are not going to have to pay more.

the vast majority are not going to have to pay more for a few years. Then the breaks for most people expire while the ones for the rich and corporations go on forever.

Do you really believe they will take away these goodies from the middle class? About every 10 years someone comes in and either raiser taxes in general or lowers them. If the bill is such a dog, then I am sure Bernie will come in and all of you will sign up for his tax increases on the rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Upper middle class get the shaft (again) [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
I guess the question comes down to how much growth are we going to get versus how much will the deficit rise?

I don't get too worked up about the equality spin put out on all this. It's only logical that tax cuts will primarily help those getting taxed. Nevertheless, I'm not totally against some progressive tax ideas. If it were me, I think I would have gotten rid of more deductions, added another income bracket at the top (after the $500k or $600k top bracket), and not have increased the death tax exemption.

I would support this approach...the bottom line for me is I want all deductions and credits gone. Lets get some purity to the code. If we keep progressive rates but get rid of all deductions I would be for it. I just hate the constant winners and losers arguments that are happening because of the code. Is it really necessary to have 6 or 7 brackets? I like the orginal Trump plan of basically 4 - 0%, 10%, 25% and 35%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

Do you really believe they will take away these goodies from the middle class? About every 10 years someone comes in and either raiser taxes in general or lowers them. If the bill is such a dog, then I am sure Bernie will come in and all of you will sign up for his tax increases on the rich.

Some one's going to have to pay back the trillion we're borrowing to give to the rich.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
SH wrote:

I would support this approach...the bottom line for me is I want all deductions and credits gone. Lets get some purity to the code. If we keep progressive rates but get rid of all deductions I would be for it. I just hate the constant winners and losers arguments that are happening because of the code. Is it really necessary to have 6 or 7 brackets? I like the orginal Trump plan of basically 4 - 0%, 10%, 25% and 35%.

I'm not necessarily in love with 6 or 7 brackets. I just think that final bracket -- whatever it is -- needs to start at a very high income level.
Quote Reply
Re: Upper middle class get the shaft (again) [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

Some one's going to have to pay back the trillion we're borrowing to give to the rich.

Actually, they EARN the money first. We are deciding to take a little less of it. There is no such thing as borrowing money and giving it to the rich.
Quote Reply

Prev Next