Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The best people. The best! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all the things Trump has done, you are upset with that?

That only rates a 1 on my outrage meter.

#MAGA
Quote Reply
Re: The best people. The best! [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Fleck wrote:
It's the dumbing down of . . . well, just about everything.

The GOP/Conservatives/Right-Wing folks keep pounding away at this that the really smart folks, the experts in areas, can't be trusted. Of course, the epitome of this is Trump in the White House - completely and totally unqualified, and has proven as much in the first year, with almost total incompetence in the role of President - and Trump Supporters are all OK with this. Do these same people go to the Plumber to have their Knee Surgery?
-
Not going to say Trump is anything other than a disaster, but this is not just a Trump thing, as Obama set a record for appointees deemed "unqualified" by the ABA. Of course if Trump wants to best Obama in this realm, I'm sure he can. Actually I think the admin is using a couple different sources for picks...Federalist and someone else?...and this is one of the areas that Trump is "winning", and causing lots of consternation.

Source for the Obama “record”? Everything I’ve read says that Obama elected not to nominate potential picks who were rated unqualified by the ABA.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: The best people. The best! [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
dave_w wrote:
Fleck wrote:
It's the dumbing down of . . . well, just about everything.

The GOP/Conservatives/Right-Wing folks keep pounding away at this that the really smart folks, the experts in areas, can't be trusted. Of course, the epitome of this is Trump in the White House - completely and totally unqualified, and has proven as much in the first year, with almost total incompetence in the role of President - and Trump Supporters are all OK with this. Do these same people go to the Plumber to have their Knee Surgery?

-
Not going to say Trump is anything other than a disaster, but this is not just a Trump thing, as Obama set a record for appointees deemed "unqualified" by the ABA. Of course if Trump wants to best Obama in this realm, I'm sure he can. Actually I think the admin is using a couple different sources for picks...Federalist and someone else?...and this is one of the areas that Trump is "winning", and causing lots of consternation.

Source for the Obama “record”? Everything I’ve read says that Obama elected not to nominate potential picks who were rated unqualified by the ABA.
-
You're right, as Obama did not put them forward:
-
"In other words, most presidents know how the ABA views their picks before those picks are publicly identified. They can then choose to move forward with the nominations or not.
From the ABA:
When the White House participates in the pre-nomination process, the president can choose not to officially nominate that candidate before a “not qualified” rating can go public. President Bill Clinton chose to advance four nominees who received such a rating, three of whom were confirmed by the Senate. Although no official nominee under President Barack Obama had a “not qualified” rating, the New York Times reported in 2011 that the ABA gave a “not qualified” rating to 14 of about 185 potential candidates the Obama administration asked the ABA to evaluate.

President Barack Obama had a number of potential nominees who were rated as “not qualified” — who he then didn’t actually nominate."
-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.2111b81cce36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
President Barack Obama had a number of potential nominees who were rated as “not qualified” — who he then didn’t actually nominate."

With those facts, the only possible response is that you must have TDS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"Obama set a record for appointees deemed "unqualified" by the ABA.... — who he then didn’t actually nominate"

The fact that he didn't nominate is kind of important. It seems like Obama used an ABA rating as a minimal standard for acceptability. Kudos for not putting forward folks who didn't pass muster. Doesn't seem like a terrible first step. Of course, this clown DIDN'T get an unqualified rating....
Quote Reply
Re: The best people. The best! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There was a female spokesperson for Moore who was just as ignorant when interviewed by Anderson Cooper.

I'm not sure whether to feel optimistic because he could only attract morons to work for him, or dismayed that he came as close to winning as he did.

You're talking about the blonde woman? I only saw one clip, but she seemed light years ahead of the bible oath guy. I almost feel bad laughing at that interview. He doesn't seem like he's dealing with a full deck.

He was apparently sort of a fringe feature of Alabama Republicans, so I'd expect him to draw a somewhat unique support staff and core following. I was predicting a sizeable victory, simply because of his party affiliation.

I'm not sure I wouldn't have voted for him, and rolled the dice on a Republican replacement, if I were an Alabama conservative. I mean, not voting for him only increased the chances of a pro-choice Democrat victory, right? Everything is a compromise, so what's the strategic argument for effectively supporting the Democrat?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Dec 16, 17 7:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next