Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Argh matey! I'm a billionaire pirate! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
How does the car get from the boat to the shore?

Buy the right car

Quote Reply
Re: Argh matey! I'm a billionaire pirate! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
100%

This past summer we were down at the beach in cannes and all the yachts are out in the bay. Big yachts - big enough to have helicopters and tenders bringing passengers to shore AND then.......

A huge fuck off yacht sails in, literally dwarfing every thing else present and most of the smaller yachts just left

Cash to buy 30m and cash to buy 130m are leagues apart.........

I can't think of any other aspect of life where the difference in wealth is so obviously apparent; poor people on beach, wealthy people on dinghys and oligarchs and sheikhs on super yachts.........

You think you're rich then 140m yacht arrives........

All those broke-ass people on the beach in Cannes must be really jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: Argh matey! I'm a billionaire pirate! [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many are locals and the region and its inhabitants ARE poor. High unemployment little industry beyond tourism.

Yes lots of people visit but how much do you think locals see of that........

Obviously harvey when he was here saw a lot of the locals but the inequality here is staggering (not relative to say India, but locals versus those that visit down here may-sept the gulf is massive)
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Dec 16, 17 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: Argh matey! I'm a billionaire pirate! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can understand an individual with a pirate fetish ordering a custom ship like that, but can’t fathom multiple buyers choosing such a design. Frankly it looks like a Japanese trawler.

The designers line about the captain having the grand quarters and balcony seems to forget that modern captains are mere servants with quarters hidden downstairs. If I owned that I’d be insisting on the master suite having the greatest view on the ship.
Quote Reply
Re: Argh matey! I'm a billionaire pirate! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Several of these yachts are rentals (chartered) recently living in San Diego the marina was popular with AirBNB crowd.
It reminded me of renting houseboats for the summer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next