Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Frankfurt Hotel [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet, signed up as well. We're staying at the Fleming Hotel Riverside, it's on the bike and run course and therefore super convenient for the family,. Not too far from the finish line.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: Frankfurt Hotel [N2176T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the race a couple of years ago and stayed in the Hotel NH Frankfurt Messe, Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 38, although it's not in the centre of town there is a U-Bahn stop about 100m from the front door, there's also a big shopping centre just over the road with various food options and a supermarket. It's about 3 stops to the finish line area.

Also, for race morning it is barely a 10 minute walk to the bus transfer near the main station. (get there early for that, or if there's a few of you a taxi\Uber might be better)

I actually rode to the bike check-in, you can't use the main roads as it goes via an autobahn or very busy road, but if you use google maps there is a bike track that will take you there, you go through a wooded area that is a bit rough but I did it on a P5 with disc wheel etc., there ended up being about 40 of us as we kept finding other people doing the same thing. Then got the bus back.

Great race, I'd like to go back, swim is simple, there are a couple of small cobble sections on the bike which are a bit rough assuming it is still the same route, but just take a bit of care not to drop a bottle or anything, it's fairly quick bike course.

Lots of support on the run which helps.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Frankfurt Hotel [JeffNorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JeffNorton wrote:
Also, for race morning it is barely a 10 minute walk to the bus transfer near the main station. (get there early for that, or if there's a few of you a taxi\Uber might be better)

No Uber in Frankfurt.

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply

Prev Next